The Student Room Group

Student finance England childcare grant

Hi,

I am waiting to receive my first UC statement with a £0 childcare element before I can provide evidence to SFE and receive the childcare grant. My next UC statement will be Nov 13th.
I'm planning on moving my son's nursery to a move conveniently located setting, and he will start there in January. He will be leaving the current provider at the end of November.
My question is, will my current childcare provider be able to access the childcare grant once set up, and claim from 11th October until end of November? (11th October being the 1st date I was no longer claiming UC childcare element). Baring in mind I may not have the grant awarded and set up until late Nov/early Dec and my son may have already left the current setting. Basically, I want to know if I will be able to use the grant and have a refund on the fees I've paid up front from my own pocket.
And then can I grant access to the new provider in January?

I hope this makes sense and thank you in advance.
Rose
Original post by Rosealison89
Hi,

I am waiting to receive my first UC statement with a £0 childcare element before I can provide evidence to SFE and receive the childcare grant. My next UC statement will be Nov 13th.
I'm planning on moving my son's nursery to a move conveniently located setting, and he will start there in January. He will be leaving the current provider at the end of November.
My question is, will my current childcare provider be able to access the childcare grant once set up, and claim from 11th October until end of November? (11th October being the 1st date I was no longer claiming UC childcare element). Baring in mind I may not have the grant awarded and set up until late Nov/early Dec and my son may have already left the current setting. Basically, I want to know if I will be able to use the grant and have a refund on the fees I've paid up front from my own pocket.
And then can I grant access to the new provider in January?

I hope this makes sense and thank you in advance.
Rose

Hi Rose,

Regarding refunds you'd need to speak to the childcare provider directly. Once your application is approved and your childcare account is set up (they send the email within 10 working days of your application being approved). Your current childcare provider can register and claim for the periods requested and you can then add the new provider from January onwards. The childcare is paid by a 3rd party so if you do have any questions regarding how to register them or accessing the site, you can contact us on 0300 100 0607 and we can transfer you to the Child Care Payment Service. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Thank you, I understand. My concern is that we will have already left the current nursery before the grant is approved and set up, and if that's the case, what do I do then?
Original post by Rosealison89
Thank you, I understand. My concern is that we will have already left the current nursery before the grant is approved and set up, and if that's the case, what do I do then?

You can still claim for the periods you were using the nursery even if you've left them directly. But you'd need to discuss with them directly any refunds and when/how they'll pay this to you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending