The Student Room Group

Is it normal to eat cereal in class?

Idk why I just wondered if its normal. I seem to find myself doing this a lot. If teachers ask I just say its my breakfast even tho I be eating it at like 2 in the afternoon.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:colonhash: wat
ik its weird.

Spoiler

it is not normal - I would say it is rude to be eating anything in class
Original post by Partygirl2021
Idk why I just wondered if its normal. I seem to find myself doing this a lot. If teachers ask I just say its my breakfast even tho I be eating it at like 2 in the afternoon.

its not normal lol
im surprised you get away with it :lol:
Original post by Moonbeam06
im surprised you get away with it :lol:

Ik same tbh. Mainly depends on who the teacher is, but if I do it when I have the wrong teacher then it won't end well.

Spoiler

Ik same tbh. Mainly depends on who the teacher is, but if I do it when I have the wrong teacher then it won't end well.

Spoiler

ah i see
if the teachers even think were chewing something we have to practically empty our mouths and bags :colonhash:

Spoiler

Do any of your classmates ever eat cereal in class?
Original post by Moonbeam06
ah i see
if the teachers even think were chewing something we have to practically empty our mouths and bags :colonhash:

Spoiler

oh lol same. when you get caught eating sweets one of my teachers will take them and eat them. but if you get caught with gum then you get afterschool however most teachers don't care what you do and if you eat
Original post by glassalice
Do any of your classmates ever eat cereal in class?

yes
yes

I wish that I could have gone to your school lol.
I think my teachers would have had a mental break down if any of us had done that.

We used to get shouted at for not underlining the date and title in our books.
Edit: Is your school mainstream?
(edited 2 years ago)
You can eat food in class?
completely normal
Original post by glassalice
I wish that I could have gone to your school lol.
I think my teachers would have had a mental break down if any of us had done that.

We used to get shouted at for not underlining the date and title in our books.
Edit: Is your school mainstream?

My school as a whole is going downhill. They've got strict all of a sudden. We have to wear blazers all the time, they measure our skirts and ties, our phones are checked to see if they're turned off, you have to wear certain brands for shoes at pe. The year 7s were playing tag for some reason and got shouted at and got SLT for a week because "its in the behaviour contract that it's not allowed." Never got told that.

My old school was a lot better and I mean much better we could do whatever we wanted and they didn't make all these rules but taught us well and no one ever failed their exams.

With covid out teachers don't check our books so they never know what we've done apart from when they walk around the room and glance at it to see how much we wrote.

Yes my school is mainstream.
Original post by jenerous
You can eat food in class?

Yes. Loads of people do. We get bored :dontknow:
Yes. Loads of people do. We get bored :dontknow:

Is that during lesson?
Is that during lesson?

Yes

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Yes

Spoiler

Do you learn anything then?
Do you learn anything then?

Yes. In fact today I learnt that a boy in my class thought he was gonna get his period.
And my teacher owes us sweets from the other week, my friend is going out with her ex who was toxic and my bf is like rich but i didn't know

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest