The Student Room Group

Anxiety

Hi,
Recently my anxiety has started to get much worse, I have felt sort of sick feeling anxiety everyday for the last week ish, and I’ve never been like this before, and I don’t have an immediate reason to be anxious. Does any one have similar problems or any advice for me, I just don’t know what to do and worry about how this might affect me later or like going out and staying away from home maybe?
I don’t know I think it’s mostly me overthinking and my brain going to fast, but I can’t slow it down 😂
Any chat would be nice even if you don’t have any advice, thank you! 😊
As useless as this may sound, stay calm. Take a moment, stop and take deep breaths. Seriously it helps, well for me at least. Try not to overthink things and just be yourself!
Got a lot on your mind? You still in school atm?
Hey so I get really bad anxiety too. I know how you feel, sometimes my hands shake, once my heart rate went up to 170 (according to my watch), I feel sick. Honestly the anxiety I get can sometimes just get too much. This may seem simple, but I have two tricks that I find helps me to calm down. I have a ring which I twist on my finger. This may sound stupid but I find doing this action can help centre my thoughts away from the anxiety. I also have a crystal/stone which I fiddle with. The crystal supposedly is anxiety reducing so maybe that helps too 😂but I find it’s the simple things that help me. However, if it gets worse maybe speaking to a doc may help? I hope you find something that works for you and hopefully this helped too :smile:
Hey,

Recently my anxiety has also gotten much worse. I get what you mean with the overthinking and feeling like your brains going fast. Sometime the overthinking for me gets so bad that I start to have anxiety attacks. Since I go to sixth form I can be distracted for a few hours and it feels nice to not think about things. Maybe try finding something like that for yourself. Something that distracts you, even if its only for a little while. Another thing that helps me is talking to someone, someone that I’m close to. I also keep a notebook where If everything is too much and I want to be alone, I write in it. It makes me feel better, it calms me down. Maybe you should try different things and see what works for you the best.
H i ngl recently my anxiety got worse too (not as bad as it was a couple of years ago but worse than before lockdown). I usually don't like sharing especially when other ppl are also anxious cuz i feel like we can just dwell too much in our emotions , but u asked if anyone was experiencing anything similar, so i hope u find comfort in knowing ur feelings are valid and shared by many. Also that if u find urself relating to what i say you'll find in helpful in how i try to cope.
Firstly, i was so terrifies when i had realised my anxiety was spiking again, especially cuz i felt like i made so much progress for lockdown to come and take me back, and i felt so scared and helpless. This is where i used to be in two very different minds of my feelings are mine and their valid, but then these emotions seemed to do more harm and i should ignore them. I feel sad, i am sad, therefor if i feel like i am useless or i'm gonna die or whatever plagues my mind that day/week, whatever it is in that moment, then i must be useless or that i am gonna die that something bad will happen. I've try to deal with this by trying to understand that yes our feeling are valid, and that u must feel them and shouldn't try to run from them, but that doesn't mean what u feel coincide with reality. That may sound stupid, but trying to change the way i saw my emotions really helped with overcoming the negative ones but also in allowing myself to experience the positive ones. I have more to say but i am currently with family i'll try to write more tonight. If u want. I hope u have a better day.
Original post by JustSomeGuy:/
Got a lot on your mind? You still in school atm?

Supposed to be starting university in September. If I think about going there or staying round a friends or going out somewhere I normally wouldn’t go I start to feel a little anxious but until recently I’ve only been looking forward to it and being excited, just worried that I’m going to struggle now I feel like this, I’m hoping it’s just going to pass as I learn to deal with it though 😊
Original post by Ljdf0072
Supposed to be starting university in September. If I think about going there or staying round a friends or going out somewhere I normally wouldn’t go I start to feel a little anxious but until recently I’ve only been looking forward to it and being excited, just worried that I’m going to struggle now I feel like this, I’m hoping it’s just going to pass as I learn to deal with it though 😊

Sorry, this is the same person btw, I posted anonymously but I’m not now 😂

This is the same person btw, just not posting anonymously now 😂
Original post by Anonymous
Hey so I get really bad anxiety too. I know how you feel, sometimes my hands shake, once my heart rate went up to 170 (according to my watch), I feel sick. Honestly the anxiety I get can sometimes just get too much. This may seem simple, but I have two tricks that I find helps me to calm down. I have a ring which I twist on my finger. This may sound stupid but I find doing this action can help centre my thoughts away from the anxiety. I also have a crystal/stone which I fiddle with. The crystal supposedly is anxiety reducing so maybe that helps too 😂but I find it’s the simple things that help me. However, if it gets worse maybe speaking to a doc may help? I hope you find something that works for you and hopefully this helped too :smile:

Thanks so much! I’ve been planning a lot of things I enjoy to do now I’ve finished college but never seem to have the motivation in the mornings and I work evenings/late afternoon so find myself not doing those things, but im really trying to make an effort now, because I know how much getting up early and excercising and reading and even singing makes me feel so much better. Thanks so much 😊

Thats great, congrats on getting into uni! I get what you mean but if anything I think university should loosen you up to feeling less anxious about those things as you become more independent :biggrin:. What course are you studying?
Original post by Anonymous
H i ngl recently my anxiety got worse too (not as bad as it was a couple of years ago but worse than before lockdown). I usually don't like sharing especially when other ppl are also anxious cuz i feel like we can just dwell too much in our emotions , but u asked if anyone was experiencing anything similar, so i hope u find comfort in knowing ur feelings are valid and shared by many. Also that if u find urself relating to what i say you'll find in helpful in how i try to cope.
Firstly, i was so terrifies when i had realised my anxiety was spiking again, especially cuz i felt like i made so much progress for lockdown to come and take me back, and i felt so scared and helpless. This is where i used to be in two very different minds of my feelings are mine and their valid, but then these emotions seemed to do more harm and i should ignore them. I feel sad, i am sad, therefor if i feel like i am useless or i'm gonna die or whatever plagues my mind that day/week, whatever it is in that moment, then i must be useless or that i am gonna die that something bad will happen. I've try to deal with this by trying to understand that yes our feeling are valid, and that u must feel them and shouldn't try to run from them, but that doesn't mean what u feel coincide with reality. That may sound stupid, but trying to change the way i saw my emotions really helped with overcoming the negative ones but also in allowing myself to experience the positive ones. I have more to say but i am currently with family i'll try to write more tonight. If u want. I hope u have a better day.

Thanks so much! 😊
Thats great, congrats on getting into uni! I get what you mean but if anything I think university should loosen you up to feeling less anxious about those things as you become more independent :biggrin:. What course are you studying?

Veterinary Science 😂
That’s kinda another reason why I want to get hold of this now and over summer because uni is going to be time consuming and stressful at times (also fun though) but maybe taking up a lot of my time will actually be good 😊
Veterinary Science 😂
That’s kinda another reason why I want to get hold of this now and over summer because uni is going to be time consuming and stressful at times (also fun though) but maybe taking up a lot of my time will actually be good 😊

I mean if you're going to enjoy it who cares what subject you do lmao. Tbf with proper time management you'll be fine. And you know that they say that A-levels or equivalent are actually more stressful than uni right? Because the age you do them at is younger but you only have 2 years to learn the content. University has a slow start and for the most part you don't have to worry about your first year too much if not at all when it comes to your final degree. Obviously study but don't feel pressured to do everything at once to begin with. Trust me you don't get thrown straight into the deep end :tongue:. Just try to enjoy freshers week and the overall starting experiences, even with covid :colonhash:. I'd say prioritize socializing with people at the beginning it should make you feel a lot more at home and comfortable. :smile:
I mean if you're going to enjoy it who cares what subject you do lmao. Tbf with proper time management you'll be fine. And you know that they say that A-levels or equivalent are actually more stressful than uni right? Because the age you do them at is younger but you only have 2 years to learn the content. University has a slow start and for the most part you don't have to worry about your first year too much if not at all when it comes to your final degree. Obviously study but don't feel pressured to do everything at once to begin with. Trust me you don't get thrown straight into the deep end :tongue:. Just try to enjoy freshers week and the overall starting experiences, even with covid :colonhash:. I'd say prioritize socializing with people at the beginning it should make you feel a lot more at home and comfortable. :smile:

Thanks so much, I think I’m just overthinking things a lot, but luckily my mum is amazing to talk to so I do generally do ok and feel comfortable with most things. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending