The Student Room Group

Animal abuse is taking over my happiness/life

Basically I’m such an animal person and I keep seeing posts of animal abuse, I click not interested whenever I see one so that it doesn’t come up as much. Because basically it makes me so upset, I know most people get upset about it but I think it’s so sad some animals have a great life and others get tortured and every animal abuse post I’ve seen is literally visually engrained in my mind:frown:
Anyone got any tips on how to not get affected THIS Much?? Like it genuinely makes me ill
Original post by Lauododns
Basically I’m such an animal person and I keep seeing posts of animal abuse, I click not interested whenever I see one so that it doesn’t come up as much. Because basically it makes me so upset, I know most people get upset about it but I think it’s so sad some animals have a great life and others get tortured and every animal abuse post I’ve seen is literally visually engrained in my mind:frown:
Anyone got any tips on how to not get affected THIS Much?? Like it genuinely makes me ill

You could contact the social media companies and ask them to block those posts. My co worker got very upset by posts about covid and we stop him from getting posts on covid. Also you could also stop using social media I been upset by things that have come up on my Facebook so I stop using it so often and only use it to contact friends.

I feel for you, I definitely struggle when seeing such horrific posts, I have a dog and he is my whole world, I also had a kitten but unfortunately she didn't get to live for very long. Each time i see those posts, I always tell myself to show just as much affection and care to any animals that come my way to counter any bad things that happen to animals all around the world. I make sure to give just as much love to any animal because they all deserve it and I just hope people will come to see animals the same way we do and show respect for them because honestly humans don't deserve these loyal creatures, they spend their whole lives looking up to their owner and trusting them just to get hurt and abused albeit emotionally, physically, or psychologically. I promise myself that when I am older I will do all i can to help out animal charities and make sure to intervene if I suspect an animal is being abused. If you have any pets, I advise you that whenever you see animal abuse on social media you give your pet or any other animal 10x the love and care that they need. It helps me to think that those animal abusers will get what they deserve and they are the definition of 'bad'

Hun, I hope this helps xxx :smile:
Reply 3
Seeing as posts are tailored to what you previously have viewed im curious what youve been searching/looking - or generally who/what you follow - to have these images directed at you...?
Reply 4
Original post by looloo2134
You could contact the social media companies and ask them to block those posts. My co worker got very upset by posts about covid and we stop him from getting posts on covid. Also you could also stop using social media I been upset by things that have come up on my Facebook so I stop using it so often and only use it to contact friends.

Oh I didn’t know they could do that for me!! I’ll get in touch with them thank you so much! I know what you mean about social media I do kind of want to stop using it but it’s just a good way to see what’s going on. C
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I feel for you, I definitely struggle when seeing such horrific posts, I have a dog and he is my whole world, I also had a kitten but unfortunately she didn't get to live for very long. Each time i see those posts, I always tell myself to show just as much affection and care to any animals that come my way to counter any bad things that happen to animals all around the world. I make sure to give just as much love to any animal because they all deserve it and I just hope people will come to see animals the same way we do and show respect for them because honestly humans don't deserve these loyal creatures, they spend their whole lives looking up to their owner and trusting them just to get hurt and abused albeit emotionally, physically, or psychologically. I promise myself that when I am older I will do all i can to help out animal charities and make sure to intervene if I suspect an animal is being abused. If you have any pets, I advise you that whenever you see animal abuse on social media you give your pet or any other animal 10x the love and care that they need. It helps me to think that those animal abusers will get what they deserve and they are the definition of 'bad'

Hun, I hope this helps xxx :smile:

I’m the same I have a dog and it just makes me think how sad I’d be if she was treated that way and I sit with her and give her claps. But I might give her even more and show more love! It’s honestly so true animals are so amazing and loyal especially dogs and it upsets me they get taken advantage of!! Thanks for ur help!
Reply 6
Original post by Napp
Seeing as posts are tailored to what you previously have viewed im curious what youve been searching/looking - or generally who/what you follow - to have these images directed at you...?

Yes I am partly to blame as I share the posts every time I see one to raise awareness but I then click not interested hoping it doesn’t come up again. I just feel like I can’t complain that i hate animal abuse but not even shed light on it x
Reply 7
Yes I am partly to blame as I share the posts every time I see one to raise awareness but I then click not interested hoping it doesn’t come up again. I just feel like I can’t complain that i hate animal abuse but not even shed light on it x

Of course it comes up again - you're sharing them!!

'shock sharing' doesn't actually help, all you're really doing is desensetising people to it. Fact is, posts on social media that induce anger are the most likely to be shared.
Reply 8
Original post by Sinnoh
Of course it comes up again - you're sharing them!!

'shock sharing' doesn't actually help, all you're really doing is desensetising people to it. Fact is, posts on social media that induce anger are the most likely to be shared.

I know but if no one shared it then these animals wouldn’t get help? And I know social media articles on animal abuse can help as I’ve seen proof that the animal has been saved etc.
Saw a video on animal testing recently and was just heartbroken. I would love to get tortured forever if it meant saving all the animals
Reply 10
I know but if no one shared it then these animals wouldn’t get help? And I know social media articles on animal abuse can help as I’ve seen proof that the animal has been saved etc.

People can report animal cruelty to the RSPCA, they don't need to share it on social media.
Maybe you could try volunteering or something. That way your action would have at least the slightest bit of impact.
I’m the same I have a dog and it just makes me think how sad I’d be if she was treated that way and I sit with her and give her claps. But I might give her even more and show more love! It’s honestly so true animals are so amazing and loyal especially dogs and it upsets me they get taken advantage of!! Thanks for ur help!

No worries, always here to help xx

Quick Reply

Latest