The Student Room Group

Climate anxiety

Hello
I have recently 'woke up' to the climate crisis. I think I am developing climate anxiety and I really need some way to help it. I feel out of control, and terrified of the world I am going to be living in and for the people I love. Any advice would be appreciated.
In all honesty, I've been getting increasingly nervy about it too. The Paris Climate Pledge calmed me down a little (Net Zero Carbon by 2040) and last time I checked, 110+ businesses had already signed the pledge- Klarna, Visa, Colgate-Palmolive, Heineken, Telefonica, Quorn foods, Pepsi, Sainsbury's, Iceland, Microsoft, Unilever (!!!), Coca-Cola, ITV, Uber, Mercedes-Benz, Amazon (!!!!!!!!)....just to name a few. Those are all big companies capable of a huge amount of change.
Don't worry, not even the greediest capitalist would let us melt into a puddle :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by mediumvacuumpak
In all honesty, I've been getting increasingly nervy about it too. The Paris Climate Pledge calmed me down a little (Net Zero Carbon by 2040) and last time I checked, 110+ businesses had already signed the pledge- Klarna, Visa, Colgate-Palmolive, Heineken, Telefonica, Quorn foods, Pepsi, Sainsbury's, Iceland, Microsoft, Unilever (!!!), Coca-Cola, ITV, Uber, Mercedes-Benz, Amazon (!!!!!!!!)....just to name a few. Those are all big companies capable of a huge amount of change.
Don't worry, not even the greediest capitalist would let us melt into a puddle :biggrin:

That is good. Just the unknown is stressful I guess, and the lack of adaptation. Thank you though, that does help.
I’ve been worried sick about Climate Change. I think for us as young people, it’s the fact that ourselves, our children and our children’s children are going to experience the effects.

I know newspapers make it sound dramatic and very scary, but I think things will move slowly, and the worst will hopefully be after our life has ended.
Reply 4
This is the best grounded positive article I have read: has made me think there is a chance
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/01/climate-change-environment-hope-future-optimism-success

Quick Reply

Latest