The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How long will it take Durham to issue my unconditional offer/CAS

Hi,

I'm an international student who will be studying in Durham this year, I submitted my language evidence over a month ago, which should be the last document needed to issue my unconditional offer. However, I still have not received any response from the University, and some of the students who are going to study the same course as me have received their updated offer or CAS.

I have sent several emails to the University, however, I always got the same response that is they will deal with it as soon as possible:frown:. Really concerned with my application right now, has anyone ever been through a situation like this?

Many thanks!
Original post by Vegaiii
Hi,

I'm an international student who will be studying in Durham this year, I submitted my language evidence over a month ago, which should be the last document needed to issue my unconditional offer. However, I still have not received any response from the University, and some of the students who are going to study the same course as me have received their updated offer or CAS.

I have sent several emails to the University, however, I always got the same response that is they will deal with it as soon as possible:frown:. Really concerned with my application right now, has anyone ever been through a situation like this?

Many thanks!

Hi, I waited a bit more than a month to get my cas from Durham and I sent all the documents around the 15th of May. Now they have a lot of request for it because most international students have achieved their grades and submitted everything to the uni. You should just wait and have faith in them!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hey, it took around 2 weeks for my offer to turn into an unconditional and I recieved my CAS within days... So I guess it just depends
Reply 3
Original post by Vegaiii
Hi,

Many thanks!

I'm currently going through a similar stress-ridden journey in trying to get my CAS from Durham. I had received the pre-CAS email a few days ago, but there was a mistake in the CAS information they held, which I pointed out. I haven't received the revised pre-CAS email yet.

If your offer hasn't turned unconditional yet, did you try contacting your department (rather than the central admissions team)? In my case, after several failed attempts at getting the central team to listen to me, I wrote to my department and they initiated my CAS process starting with turning my offer unconditional. Now the ball is in the central team's court.
Reply 4
Original post by Gaurkud
I'm currently going through a similar stress-ridden journey in trying to get my CAS from Durham. I had received the pre-CAS email a few days ago, but there was a mistake in the CAS information they held, which I pointed out. I haven't received the revised pre-CAS email yet.

If your offer hasn't turned unconditional yet, did you try contacting your department (rather than the central admissions team)? In my case, after several failed attempts at getting the central team to listen to me, I wrote to my department and they initiated my CAS process starting with turning my offer unconditional. Now the ball is in the central team's court.

If I may ask how long did it take the Central team to change your status on the portal? And did you get your CAS since?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by ev78
If I may ask how long did it take the Central team to change your status on the portal? And did you get your CAS since?
Thanks

It took 2 days for them to update my status. Subsequently, it took around a week for them to send me the pre-CAS email. I have received my CAS since. These timelines were in the month of July. They may not be applicable now, when there are a lot more applications to process.
Reply 6
Original post by Gaurkud
It took 2 days for them to update my status. Subsequently, it took around a week for them to send me the pre-CAS email. I have received my CAS since. These timelines were in the month of July. They may not be applicable now, when there are a lot more applications to process.

Thank you again. The department cleared my file a week ago but have had no response yet and I've alerted the department again. The Admin at the department is really helpful and they've also contacted the Central team again. Hopefully it works out quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest