The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

The only rules for joining are:

1) You must post your team name in this thread or by sending me (sr90) a private message. If you fail to do this before GW1 you will be removed from the league. This rule does not apply to people who have joined our league in previous years.

2) To ensure that this is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 50 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site. These 50 posts must be made by the end of September. Exceptions can be made.

3) The league will close to new entrants at the end of GW3. After this period, no new teams will be admitted, although you are still welcome to post in the thread and discuss all things FPL.

Previous years have had a prize awarded to the winner - THIS IS TBC

LEAGUE CODE = 18whdz

Scroll to see replies

Well less than an hr to go
Looks like a very high scoring week to start the season. No surprise Salah & Bruno starting off with big scores.
Reply 3
All I can say is that I hate Friday deadlines. Especially for the first gameweek. Like really!
I deleted the game, app and my account, so good luck to everyone else participating. I got like 95 points in the first week and deleted my team and left all leagues yesterday.

A bit disappointing especially considering since I first started 3 years ago I won all my mini-leagues and when I first joined this league this year I finished in the top 10 which is a good achievement out of like 200 players.

Anyway…a note to you guys that you should take Tsimikas out soon as Robertson is back, but there are plenty of other £4 million defenders…Brandon Williams has just joined Norwich too.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Driving_Mad
I deleted the game, app and my account, so good luck to everyone else participating. I got like 95 points in the first week and deleted my team and left all leagues yesterday.

A bit disappointing especially considering since I first started 3 years ago I won all my mini-leagues and when I first joined this league this year I finished in the top 10 which is a good achievement out of like 200 players.

Anyway…a note to you guys that you should take Tsimikas out soon as Robertson is back, but there are plenty of other £4 million defenders…Brandon Williams has just joined Norwich too.

As in deleted accidentally?

Very high scoring first week. Not a bad second week either bar Salah and Bruno. But that's fine because most people will have captained one or the other.
Original post by GrandMedic
As in deleted accidentally?

Very high scoring first week. Not a bad second week either bar Salah and Bruno. But that's fine because most people will have captained one or the other.

Not my decision to delete, but there’s this one idiot who I absolutely despise, so not by accident, no. Once this person has gone, maybe I’ll start playing again.

So yeah no competitive fun this year with family or friends 😔

I’m not watching any games or doing anything until they’ve gone

How are you doing anyway? I only did the first week before deleting and I think I got 95 points.

You guys probably want to transfer Lukaku in when Chelsea’s games get easier which is when people will play Wildcard I guess
(edited 2 years ago)

How are you doing anyway? I only did the first week before deleting and I think I got 95 points.

You guys probably want to transfer Lukaku in when Chelsea’s games get easier which is when people will play Wildcard I guess

Not going bad. Got 100 last week and 67 with Antonio left to play this week.

Problem is too many players performing and not enough spaces/funds. Struggling to find where to fit in a City asset. Chelsea's fixtures turn after gw 7 but I can see them keeping a lot of clean sheets/Lukaku going on a spree before then anyway.
Not my decision to delete, but there’s this one idiot who I absolutely despise, so not by accident, no. Once this person has gone, maybe I’ll start playing again.

So yeah no competitive fun this year with family or friends 😔

I’m not watching any games or doing anything until they’ve gone

Not someone from here I hope? It's a shame they've made you resort to that.

I'll want triple Chelsea from GW7, that's for sure.
Original post by sr90
Not someone from here I hope? It's a shame they've made you resort to that.

I'll want triple Chelsea from GW7, that's for sure.

Triple Chelsea? That's a big call. Personally, I'm looking at a double up of Lukaku + a fixed defender. Problem is how to fit in Big Rom. I think getting rid of Fernandes may be the way as their fixtures get rough. Either that or downgrade TAA.

Or you can fit in Sala, Fernandes and Lukaku and kill your team.
(edited 2 years ago)
So who is rushing to bring Ronaldo in then?

Gonna be a real test of my nerve to try and hold my WC for another couple of weeks. Don't see many issues with my team atm.
Original post by sr90
So who is rushing to bring Ronaldo in then?

Gonna be a real test of my nerve to try and hold my WC for another couple of weeks. Don't see many issues with my team atm.

It's a difficult one. I'm going to forget about price rises/drops for the time being and wait as long as possible for the transfers. There's just not enough information, plus always injuries after IB. I think if need be I can get away with a -4 so no need to WC from my end too.
Reply 12
I think Ronaldo might be overpriced when you look at Lukaku being 1m cheaper and Salah being the same but getting an extra point for goals and clean sheets. I'll still probably get him in for GW15 run but Lukaku before then.
Neither for the next 3 GWs though which is scary
Yeah but Ronaldo shoots every time he gets the ball these days. I can see him scoring a couple against Newcastle and after that game I wouldn't want to see how he does without owning him. I think I might try and fit him in before taking him out in the GW7 wildcard when you'd want Lukaku.

I just wish he was 14 mil or something. There are fans who'd get him in no matter what his price is.
A team with Lukaku, Ronaldo AND Salah is just too unbalanced. That's not even factoring in the likes of Kane and De Bruyne who will surely become good picks at some point this season. Hopefully this makes teams more varied rather than everyone having the same team by January.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by sr90
A team with Lukaku, Ronaldo AND Salah is just too unbalanced. That's not even factoring in the likes of Kane and De Bruyne who will surely become good picks at some point this season. Hopefully this makes teams more varied rather than everyone having the same team by January.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. The few good teams with Lukaku, Ronaldo and Salah have all sacked off Trent who is a must have this season again. I don't know what I'll do atm but if Ronaldo continues to score every game, then I can see why you'd want Lukaku aswell during that beautiful fixture run.

2nd in the league atm but had to start Gilmour this gameweek :/
Original post by GrandMedic
Yeah my thoughts exactly. The few good teams with Lukaku, Ronaldo and Salah have all sacked off Trent who is a must have this season again. I don't know what I'll do atm but if Ronaldo continues to score every game, then I can see why you'd want Lukaku aswell during that beautiful fixture run.

2nd in the league atm but had to start Gilmour this gameweek :/

These new signings have made the game the most interesting it has been for years.

Everyone should have TAA, Ronaldo and Salah to be honest.

The players I think are too expensive to build a balanced team though.

I don’t play anymore though so this might not be fully accurate
Reply 17
Managers will now have an extra free hit chip from GW20 onwards, due to fixture postponements. You can't use your 2 free hit chips in consecutive GWs.
Original post by mr tim
Managers will now have an extra free hit chip from GW20 onwards, due to fixture postponements. You can't use your 2 free hit chips in consecutive GWs.

Wow, what havoc this season must have been. I wish I could have participated, it would have been a great opportunity to challenge myself and win my mini Leagues again.

I’m not up to date this year but will you guys take Salah out or keep him when he goes to AFCON? Has his price rises significantly since the start of the game this year ?
A shame how bad these threads do these days on TSR. Bring back the old days of me vs Colbert!

I have a small chance of winning it now. Need the guy in 1st to fall apart, however.

Latest