The Student Room Group

“friends”

So there has always been a clear divide in my friend group; “the OGs” as they call themselves, and ones who’ve joined later on.
We finished school and did hang out a couple of times but I mostly never went every time there was an invite on the group chat because of no transport.
One of the “OGs” was my best friend. We talked about a lot of things including her family and relationship problems, as well as how she really disliked some of the other OGs.
I’m slightly annoyed at how she complained about them constantly and now they’re hanging out near my place (within walkable distance) without inviting the “newbies”. She could’ve At least asked in private if I wanted to go since it’s summer vacation and knowing I live close to the places they go.
We don’t talk anymore and they’re always posting stories of them going out and having fun. It sucks.
Should I confront her and cut her off or let it be and cut her off eventually?
Original post by Anonymous
So there has always been a clear divide in my friend group; “the OGs” as they call themselves, and ones who’ve joined later on.
We finished school and did hang out a couple of times but I mostly never went every time there was an invite on the group chat because of no transport.
One of the “OGs” was my best friend. We talked about a lot of things including her family and relationship problems, as well as how she really disliked some of the other OGs.
I’m slightly annoyed at how she complained about them constantly and now they’re hanging out near my place (within walkable distance) without inviting the “newbies”. She could’ve At least asked in private if I wanted to go since it’s summer vacation and knowing I live close to the places they go.
We don’t talk anymore and they’re always posting stories of them going out and having fun. It sucks.
Should I confront her and cut her off or let it be and cut her off eventually?

Obviously, because of the divide, the OGs may naturally be closer to each other though if your best friend disliked some of them that makes no sense -_-

I think you could confront her but less directly e.g you reply to their story with “I see not everyone went” or “Wish I could have been there”. But there is a chance of arguments - have you ever had arguments with your best friend?

It seems you plan on cutting her off anyway, so if you choose not to confront her it would be the same ending.
Reply 2
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
Obviously, because of the divide, the OGs may naturally be closer to each other though if your best friend disliked some of them that makes no sense -_-

I think you could confront her but less directly e.g you reply to their story with “I see not everyone went” or “Wish I could have been there”. But there is a chance of arguments - have you ever had arguments with your best friend?

It seems you plan on cutting her off anyway, so if you choose not to confront her it would be the same ending.

Hahhaha fr. I’ve never had major arguments with her but I did ask her today. I got a whole load of bs excuses. Seenzoned her last message. I will slowly remove her from all socials I guess:smile:
Hahhaha fr. I’ve never had major arguments with her but I did ask her today. I got a whole load of bs excuses. Seenzoned her last message. I will slowly remove her from all socials I guess:smile:

Damnnnn

I used to get so annoyed when people left me on read 😂

You have better things to give your attention to so I’m glad you are taking this step for yourself.
Reply 4
Damnnnn

I used to get so annoyed when people left me on read 😂

You have better things to give your attention to so I’m glad you are taking this step for yourself.

mate trust me her reply infuriated me. too many excuses. She gets annoyed too and maybe that’s why I did it haha. Not gonna quote it just in case she’s on tsr lmaoo.
And thank you!
mate trust me her reply infuriated me. too many excuses. She gets annoyed too and maybe that’s why I did it haha. Not gonna quote it just in case she’s on tsr lmaoo.
And thank you!

Funny story, I deleted a friend’s number as I had moved schools and we rarely talked - then one day I got a text from nowhere saying “hey dude” and I asked “who is this?” They replied WTF IT’S LUCY 😂
Reply 6
Funny story, I deleted a friend’s number as I had moved schools and we rarely talked - then one day I got a text from nowhere saying “hey dude” and I asked “who is this?” They replied WTF IT’S LUCY 😂

Gurl I hope you replied with “who???”😭
Gurl I hope you replied with “who???”😭

😂😂 it didn’t end in a disaster but now we don’t talk at all. Life goes on dud

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending