The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Horrible crime to happen to anyone at work, whether I agree with them or not :/
Police just confirmed the guy is Somali origin.
Reply 3
Original post by caravaggio2
Police just confirmed the guy is Somali origin.

How much you wanna bet the guy is a refugee? I am gonna place my bet not very high as I also think the guy could just be mentally disturbed
EDIT: He is a British citizen, so I guess it's the latter
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by The RAR
How much you wanna bet the guy is a refugee? I am gonna place my bet not very high as I also think the guy could just be mentally disturbed
EDIT: He is a British citizen, so I guess it's the latter

It always seems to be second generation migrants as opposed to actual ones who get up to this crap. Not exclusively but enough to ask questions on why the parents seem to settle fine but their offspring turn out to be psychopaths?
Let’s call this, what it probably is- an Islamist terror attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58935372
He has been named as Ali Harbi Ali. Police believe that he may have been motivated by Islamic extremism as he had already been referred to Prevent, which is the government counter- extremism programme.

Muslim community leaders in Southend have condemned the fatal stabbing as an “indefensible atrocity,” adding that the father-of-five was an “upstanding friend to our Muslim community”
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
It always seems to be second generation migrants as opposed to actual ones who get up to this crap. Not exclusively but enough to ask questions on why the parents seem to settle fine but their offspring turn out to be psychopaths?

I think this has something to do with the lack of a plan when accepting immigrants. There might be economic reasons and short-term motivations to allow immigration, but probably not as much thought is given to 15 or 30 years later. Parents necessarily bring with them their home culture, and communities can form cultural islands with values that we might object to as being unbritish.

It's difficult to talk about this subject because to a lot of people it starts to sound like bigotry if you imply that one country's (particularly your own's) values are better than another's.

I think most of us take democracy and various cultural norms for granted. We've had them our whole lives and we don't think about how valuable and fragile some of them might be. In my opinion, more important than being tolerant, diverse, inclusive, etc., we must have security of our non-negotiable values. Right now it feels like very few things are non-negotiable, and little thought is given to protecting them. On the contrary, a lot of people see it as racist to do that.

Douglas Murray has a lot of interesting things to say on this topic. He's got some talks on YouTube (and a book but I haven't read it).
Original post by harrysbar
He has been named as Ali Harbi Ali. Police believe that he may have been motivated by Islamic extremism as he had already been referred to Prevent, which is the government counter- extremism programme.

Muslim community leaders in Southend have condemned the fatal stabbing as an “indefensible atrocity,” adding that the father-of-five was an “upstanding friend to our Muslim community”

Nice to see prevent doing its job well.
Reply 9
I will have a look when I can.

Confident it is terror related. Somalia is a Muslim country. May the dead man rest in peace.

5 years since Jo Cox was killed and now David Amess.

There needs to be more protection for MPs.
Original post by Napp

Correct.

It could well be that the parents were not brought up in a culture that demonised white people to such an extent as ours does.
Original post by miser
Douglas Murray has a lot of interesting things to say on this topic. He's got some talks on YouTube (and a book but I haven't read it).

His book The Strange Death of Europe is excellent and essential reading for anyone whatever their views are on understanding the immigration crisis.
Homophobe killed by a Muslim, would have thought they would be bedfellows.
Original post by Dupe Hunter

Not really.

Economic necessity almost always overrides social values- it's why even ultraconservative Muslims still vote for ultra progressive parties.

Hell, if say Japan or South Korea had a party that **** all over its own heritage and people in order to better facilitate white Christians I'd probably vote for them. No doubt my progeny would then go on to keep up the grift claiming how oppressed they are by "East Asian Supremacy..." .:p:rolleyes:

@TCA2b
(edited 2 years ago)
Interesting that you label it propaganda, very much betrays your own feelings about equality.
Typically those that label something as "propaganda" are opposed to the message.
So I was correct in my assumption that you oppose equality, thanks for clearing that up.
Interesting that you label it propaganda, very much betrays your own feelings about equality.

I mean it's still propoganda even if you agree with it.

Seems like the word racist has lost its weight, so now homophobe is your new buzzword
Original post by The RAR
Seems like the word racist has lost its weight, so now homophobe is your new buzzword

A man that has spent his entire political career voting against LGBT equality would be accurately described as homophobic.

Latest

Trending

Trending