The Student Room Group

Panic attack?

I often wake up in the morning feeling worried or anxious about something and I get discomfort in my chest and my heart beats quite fast? However, although it is uncomfortable, I can still breathe fine but there is also some discomfort in my arms and legs. Is this a panic attack or could it be something else?
Original post by Evan2002
I often wake up in the morning feeling worried or anxious about something and I get discomfort in my chest and my heart beats quite fast? However, although it is uncomfortable, I can still breathe fine but there is also some discomfort in my arms and legs. Is this a panic attack or could it be something else?

Is there something happening that maybe is upsetting you or anything?
Reply 2
Original post by Style Climate 2
Is there something happening that maybe is upsetting you or anything?

If you have a look at my previous discussion I started titled “university fears” you will understand what I mean.
If you have a look at my previous discussion I started titled “university fears” you will understand what I mean.

I've not, can you link it me ?
Reply 4

If its causing you to be like this then don't go university and do something else

It sounds like anxiety. Panic attacks are sudden, they don't happen after worrying about something.
Reply 7
Original post by Style Climate 2
If its causing you to be like this then don't go university and do something else

The only problem is that I have no other choice. Realistically, I did feel that it’s better than an apprenticeship or a job considering the fact that I am not sure what I want to do as I stated in the post. I just don’t know how to cope with the pressures of university.

Quick Reply

Latest