The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Kaplan International College London’s foundation program

I am an international student looking to go to Bristol. I currently have and offer from Kaplan International College London for a foundation program which is a requirement for me since I graduated from normal high school in my country without IB or A-level.

SO, I am just wondering whether Kaplan is actually good or not? since I know that they are a for-profit education company. Also, if you have taken their courses, what was ur experience like there? And how about the progression rate to the intended uni from Kaplan’s foundation?

Scroll to see replies

Hello @pancaketester,
Nice to hear you have considered studying abroad, this is an important and life-changing decision. Well done. I am an international student too, applied through Kaplan to get into Glasgow Uni.
There is nothing to worry about. Kaplan is a well known institution and is a partner with some great world-known universities. My cousins had previously taken their foundation through Kaplan too and they had the best time.
The progression rate depends on the uni you are looking to get into, some universities expect you to pass with 65% and some with 70% in kaplan courses.

Good luck and hope I have answered your question. Should you have further inquires, do not hesitate to reply to this message :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by mindificent.bh
Hello @pancaketester,
Nice to hear you have considered studying abroad, this is an important and life-changing decision. Well done. I am an international student too, applied through Kaplan to get into Glasgow Uni.
There is nothing to worry about. Kaplan is a well known institution and is a partner with some great world-known universities. My cousins had previously taken their foundation through Kaplan too and they had the best time.
The progression rate depends on the uni you are looking to get into, some universities expect you to pass with 65% and some with 70% in kaplan courses.

Good luck and hope I have answered your question. Should you have further inquires, do not hesitate to reply to this message :smile:

Hi,
Thanks for answering. Glad to hear you had a great time there.
May I know what degree did you take? And did you go to Kaplan London or one of their other centers? And more importantly, do we need to use UCAS to apply fro uni from kaplan foundation?
Thanks in advance.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by pancaketester
Hi,
Thanks for answering. Glad to hear you had a great time there.
May I know what degree did you take? And did you go to Kaplan London or one of their other centers? And more importantly, do we need to use UCAS to apply fro uni from kaplan foundation?
Thanks in advance.

Hi again!
To answer the first part of your question, No. I applied directly to Glasgow Uni through Kaplan for Business and Management. This I think is a best way if you know where you want to study as it will guarantee your entry to the university directly if you passed the foundation programme.
As for the second question: again No. You apply directly through their own website. I will leave a link to the application form directly: https://www.kaplanpathways.com/how-to-apply/uk-universities/application-form/

I have applied through an agency. I would recommend you do the same as they will do the application process for you and they will help you in easing the process SO MUCH...

take car :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi again!
To answer the first part of your question, No. I applied directly to Glasgow Uni through Kaplan for Business and Management. This I think is a best way if you know where you want to study as it will guarantee your entry to the university directly if you passed the foundation programme.
As for the second question: again No. You apply directly through their own website. I will leave a link to the application form directly: https://www.kaplanpathways.com/how-to-apply/uk-universities/application-form/

I have applied through an agency. I would recommend you do the same as they will do the application process for you and they will help you in easing the process SO MUCH...

Hi,
So you did your foundation at Glasgow?
Thanks once again.
Hi again!

And also yeah I am also using an agent. Although, I just want to find out myself about the quality and other students’ experiences there. I agree that the agent will help me a lot with the applications and also visa. May I know where are you from? Im from Indonesia.
Hi,
So you did your foundation at Glasgow?
Thanks once again.

Hi, I've applied, i will start in January hopefully.
And also yeah I am also using an agent. Although, I just want to find out myself about the quality and other students’ experiences there. I agree that the agent will help me a lot with the applications and also visa. May I know where are you from? Im from Indonesia.

I'm from Dubai.
Hi, I've applied, i will start in January hopefully.

Ohh, nice. I will probably start in January as well.
Reply 9
Hello there I am will start my foundation at kaplan in few days and I have met some students who mentioned that kaplan it’s impossible to pass 💔 so my progression degree required 50% and some modules at 60% so that I feel it’s easy but after I heard them saying it’s tooooo hard I got the feeling you know stress and disappointing even it’s still early to judgement but wanna to asked how’s your experiences and if there any tips you might advise with
Ohh, nice. I will probably start in January as well.

Great, hope to c u then!
Original post by Khkh1250
Hello there I am will start my foundation at kaplan in few days and I have met some students who mentioned that kaplan it’s impossible to pass 💔 so my progression degree required 50% and some modules at 60% so that I feel it’s easy but after I heard them saying it’s tooooo hard I got the feeling you know stress and disappointing even it’s still early to judgement but wanna to asked how’s your experiences and if there any tips you might advise with

Hello @Khkh1250,
Whoever said that to you, possibly he is talking about his own "poor" experience. I have friends and cousins who passed Kaplan's programme just fine. It is all about how you deal with work and studies. Don't leave anything for the last minute and study on daily or weekly basis. One more thing, it is very important to stay positive and confident as this will play an important role in your success!

Good Luck and DO NOT WORRY! All the best,, just remember to not keep your studies for the day before the exam and you will do great :smile:

Hi! I am from Indonesia too and planning to pursue IFP in the UK. I got an offer from Glasgow via Kaplan too! However, I am still deciding tho because I got some offers from other unis too. Salam kenal ^^
I havent personally heard about how hard or not Kaplan’s foundation is, but I have read some reviews on INTO’s foundation on google review that say it is quite hard to pass, soI am quite concerned too. Although, I have asked my agent and she said that most of her students that go through Kaplan or INTO passed and got into their intended unis. However, if you have more information please reply to this.
Original post by tortilaa
Hi! I am from Indonesia too and planning to pursue IFP in the UK. I got an offer from Glasgow via Kaplan too! However, I am still deciding tho because I got some offers from other unis too. Salam kenal ^^

Hi, great to know Im not alone from indo haha. Are you considering other foundation programs like INTO’s foundation as well? And have you heard about anyone’s experience at Kaplan?
Hi, great to know Im not alone from indo haha. Are you considering other foundation programs like INTO’s foundation as well? And have you heard about anyone’s experience at Kaplan?

The only INTO uni that I got in was UEA, and birmi glasgow from Kaplan. However, I think I am leaning towards the IFP from uni that doesnt used other institutions. So, I am looking forwards to King’s, UCL and Warwick instead. No reason tho XD
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi!! I am an international student and applied through kaplan as well, progressing to Birmingham. I start on january too, online from my home country at first tho. What foundation degree are you taking? I'm taking the humanities one
Original post by wonder052
Hi!! I am an international student and applied through kaplan as well, progressing to Birmingham. I start on january too, online from my home country at first tho. What foundation degree are you taking? I'm taking the humanities one

Hello there @wonder052,
I have an offer for Birmingham too but I have decided to go for Glasgow instead. And yes, I chose the Humanities too. Good Luck :smile:
Is it hard to get a 70 % in a foundation program ??
Hi !
If you don't mind, are you applying in kaplan too? where are you come from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending