The Student Room Group

What a level language should I take

I’m struggling between a level German and Spanish which one should I take?
Original post by AliMousavi05

Hi AliMousavi05

It would kind of depend on what you want to do after A Levels. If you intend to go on to University, then pick the one that you think you will get the better grades in, unless of course you are intending to study one of them at University.

If you aren't intending to go on to University, then do the one you enjoy the most.

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador

Which one did you take and find easier? Did you do any of them for GCSE? Spanish is more related to english and spoken more than German, but german is also interesting and sounds cool.
Whichever one you're better at & enjoy the most.
Choose the subject that you enjoy more and are better at. Look at the course specifications (what you will learn) and how you will be examined to help choose.
Original post by AbrahamP
Which one did you take and find easier? Did you do any of them for GCSE? Spanish is more related to english and spoken more than German, but german is also interesting and sounds cool.

I do them both at gcse and I’m doing well in Spanish and I find it interesting but I’m also good at german and I’ve had that it has better job prospects if I decide to work in the EU
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Whichever one you're better at & enjoy the most.

Thank you
Original post by emek4official
Choose the subject that you enjoy more and are better at. Look at the course specifications (what you will learn) and how you will be examined to help choose.

I enjoy Spanish more but I’ve heard German is more beneficial and thank you for the advice I’ll check the specifications
I enjoy Spanish more but I’ve heard German is more beneficial and thank you for the advice I’ll check the specifications

Don't worry about that. You will be doing A Levels for 2 years so pick something that you will enjoy an motivate you to keep going when times get tough.

Quick Reply

Latest