The Student Room Group

2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Submarine94
Hey, they give you a list of dates to choose from ☺️

When will I know when I have passed my day 1 and 2 assessments?
Original post by brandon1596
When will I know when I have passed my day 1 and 2 assessments?

It will be updated on your applicant portal and you should also receive an email about it too. If you don't see an update for a while, contact their recruitment team - they're super helpful
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Elliot1999
Hi,

I am attending the Detective Bolt-On Assessment on Thursday (28th). Bit nervous but we will see! There is no mention of an in-person interview on the website just the 'in-tray exercise' and 'briefing exercise'. I don't suppose you know if there will be an in-person interview at all?

Is the detective assessment done online ? Also is there availability on the weekends ?
It’s in person in London, when I had a look I can’t remember having availability on weekends but I’m not 100%

I might have to quit my job then…..
Also, in the written exercise, did you write at the end “yours sincerely” PC etc… because I don’t think I did. Will that affect my score, and could I fail?
It’s in person in London, when I had a look I can’t remember having availability on weekends but I’m not 100%

Also What were the times that were available for the assessment
I might have to quit my job then…..
Also, in the written exercise, did you write at the end “yours sincerely” PC etc… because I don’t think I did. Will that affect my score, and could I fail?

I didn't write it because I ran out of time, but I still passed
Reply 86
UPDATE: Finally new dates for the bolt on have been released and booked mine for the 10th November, can't wait, it will be fun! 😊👍🏻

Good luck to everyone dealing with their next assessments!
When did you compete your VRT? As am waiting to book onto the Detective Bolt on also :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by ktwotsit31
When did you compete your VRT? As am waiting to book onto the Detective Bolt on also :smile:

I have completed mine on the 29/09 and got confirmation from recruitment I had passed on the 05/10. Keep an eye on your emails and portal but bear in mind people might be processed at different paces regardless of dates of completion of assessments. Also, there are minimum 4 routes of applying for the role which I believe it is also a determining factor.

You'll get there :smile:
Original post by Anya_94
UPDATE: Finally new dates for the bolt on have been released and booked mine for the 10th November, can't wait, it will be fun! 😊👍🏻

Good luck to everyone dealing with their next assessments!

What about people who are working ****ing full time !!!!
Reply 90
What about people who are working ****ing full time !!!!

No need to get agitated.
By looking at your previous posts the best I can advise you is to have patience, wait when things happen to you and do not compare to others.

Each stage is designed to be completed under specific circumstances and with specific skills to showcase your suitability for the role.

Working full time is the same situation of pretty much all applicants, changing job and going through processes is something everyone manages on top of current employments.
I myself have 2 jobs. Both in policing.

You can use annual leave to have your day off to book on to assessments if needed or simply ask your employer for advice.

By the look of your messages you are jumping stages when asking without being there yet. Have patience and go through stages one at the time.

Correct your approach to the process and get through it at your own pace without stressing out. It might be worth considering also if the job is really something you can cope with as it is stressful and requires high resilience.

Any other question free to inbox me if you need.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 91
Hi,

I am attending the Detective Bolt-On Assessment on Thursday (28th). Bit nervous but we will see! There is no mention of an in-person interview on the website just the 'in-tray exercise' and 'briefing exercise'. I don't suppose you know if there will be an in-person interview at all?

Hello!

Doesn't look like the old-fashioned interview is a thing anymore as it has been re-designed and adapted utilising force competencies. The interview done in Day 1 should be the only one.

Good luck on the 28th! :smile:
Original post by Anya_94
No need to get agitated.
By looking at your previous posts the best I can advise you is to have patience, wait when things happen to you and do not compare to others.

Each stage is designed to be completed under specific circumstances and with specific skills to showcase your suitability for the role.

Working full time is the same situation of pretty much all applicants, changing job and going through processes is something everyone manages on top of current employments.

You can use annual leave to have your day off to book on to assessments if needed or simply ask your employer for advice.

By the look of your messages you are jumping stages when asking without being there yet. Have patience and go through stages one at the time.

Correct your approach to the process and get through it at your own pace without stressing out. It might be worth considering also if the job is really something you can cope with as it is stressful and requires high resilience.

This job is something I can do, and I can respond to high resilience.
Original post by Anya_94
No need to get agitated.

Me getting annoyed isnt because I can’t deal with stress, it was just a one off. I’m emotionless when I type.
How did you fail your bolt on assessment ?
How did you fail your bolt on assessment ?

Did you fail it?
Original post by Submarine94
Did you fail it?

My best friend failed it, I haven’t done it yet
Original post by 0R1ANA
Oh I'm glad I found a 2021/22 thread, I've just been reading up on 2020/21 one and it's just been full of people worrying over vetting and start dates which isn't the point I'm at yet!

I applied at start of July as soon as apps opened (I signed up to the mailing list for when they open), did my online assessment centre at the end of Aug, got an email from College of Policing that I passed earlier this week (took about 3-4 weeks) and got invitation for verbal reasoning yesterday to be completed by the end of the week.

I think my process has been pretty quick compared to those in last year's intake who waited for weeks between their first contact after sending off the application form and when getting their test dates, although I'm not sure if it's because I'm in their sought after group (female, BAME ethnicity). I'm s***ing myself atm though for my start date if I pass everything because I got 2,4,4 in my Day 1, barely passing my interview with 4% above the pass mark 😬

Also, do you guys have a recruitment officer that's in charge of your application that you can ask to be directly contacted and had them contact you at the start of your application to introduce themselves and that they can act as my point of contact instead of asking any recruitment officer over the live chat... or am I getting special treatment?

Hi I’ve just been invited to the verbal reasoning assessment - wasn’t expecting this as a stage. Have seen others share this experience. Can I just check this is not the detective bolt on yet then - this is an extra layer. And roughly how long does it take - don’t want to start it without knowing in case it take hours like the others.

Also ive seen some people mention assessment results but ive not had this yet for Day1 did this come after the verbal reasoning? Thanks
Reply 98
Original post by Lisascottie
Hi I’ve just been invited to the verbal reasoning assessment - wasn’t expecting this as a stage. Have seen others share this experience. Can I just check this is not the detective bolt on yet then - this is an extra layer. And roughly how long does it take - don’t want to start it without knowing in case it take hours like the others.

Also ive seen some people mention assessment results but ive not had this yet for Day1 did this come after the verbal reasoning? Thanks

Hello there,

The VRT is separate from the day 2 (bolt on assessments), those last ones are following a successful VRT.

The test is effectively 19 mins but count 30 mins in total to allow reading instructions and get ready.

It is fairly quick but I would advise you to do it in a relaxed environment, away from people and other distractions as it needs your total focus.

For the results on your day one,CoP should have sent you a PDF with your breakdown of scores once informing you of passing.

Good luck on this!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anya_94
Hello there,

The VRT is separate from the day 2 (bolt on assessments), those last ones are following a successful VRT.

The test is effectively 19 mins but count 30 mins in total to allow reading instructions and get ready.

It is fairly quick but I would advise you to do it in a relaxed environment, away from people and other distractions as it needs your total focus.

For the results on your day one,CoP should have sent you a PDF with your breakdown of scores once informing you of passing.

Good luck on this!

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending