The Student Room Group

London South Bank University Dental Hygiene

Hi, has anyone received an offer for dental hygiene for London South Bank? I have just received a conditional offer! xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fleetwoodmackie
Hi, has anyone received an offer for dental hygiene for London South Bank? I have just received a conditional offer! xx

Hi congratulations on your offer 🎉. Yes I also received a conditional offer to study dental hygiene at LSBU x
Hi
What's the reasons it's conditional?x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by nathaliemason
Hi
What's the reasons it's conditional?x

I have a conditional offer as I'm waiting for my final grades after completing my access course x
Do they do access course for dental therapy .if so where? Iam in year 13 and iam really stressed about my mocks which is soon and really want to get right grades to get an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Siilent_shadow10
Do they do access course for dental therapy .if so where? Iam in year 13 and iam really stressed about my mocks which is soon and really want to get right grades to get an offer.

I have heard that there is an access to dental hygiene course available online, but I'm not sure which company provides the qualification. I personally completed an access to science course and that was fine. Try not to stress too much about your mocks, the best thing is to be prepared and organised. Youtube have some really good videos on how to prepare for exam season. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by NBrailey
I have heard that there is an access to dental hygiene course available online, but I'm not sure which company provides the qualification. I personally completed an access to science course and that was fine. Try not to stress too much about your mocks, the best thing is to be prepared and organised. Youtube have some really good videos on how to prepare for exam season. Good luck :smile:

hey, did you do the access course online? if so what website did you use? is it distancelearningcentre?
Reply 7
Original post by mxxj800
hey, did you do the access course online? if so what website did you use? is it distancelearningcentre?

Hi,

My access course was face to face through a college.

The best thing to do is to have a look online as there are a few options available.
Hi congratulations on your offer 🎉. Yes I also received a conditional offer to study dental hygiene at LSBU x

Did u have to have an interview
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Rehaanbash
Did u have to have an interview

Hi Rehaanbash,

There is a required interview process for this course. :smile:
https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/dental-hygiene-2022-23

Regards,
LSBU Team
Original post by LSBU- Admissions
Hi Rehaanbash,

There is a required interview process for this course. :smile:
https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/dental-hygiene-2022-23

Regards,
LSBU Team

Do i get an email if you have acknowledged UCAS application
Reply 11

Hi guys what grades/qualifications did you apply with? Also how did the interview go, was it an easy process? x
Original post by Rehaanbash
Do i get an email if you have acknowledged UCAS application

Hi,

You will usually receive an email from UCAS once you have submitted your application.

Regards,

LSBU

congratulations!, how long does a reply back take once you've had an interview? x
Reply 14
i'm doing my dental hygiene access course with academyonlinelearning the tutors are really helpful if anyone's still looking. Congrats everyone who got a conditional offer! I sent off my application last week and haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know how long they take to offer you an interview after applying? Also everyone who got a conditional offer, what qualifications did you guys apply with? How did your interview go, did you feel confident? I'm feeling so anxious
Original post by dental8
i'm doing my dental hygiene access course with academyonlinelearning the tutors are really helpful if anyone's still looking. Congrats everyone who got a conditional offer! I sent off my application last week and haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know how long they take to offer you an interview after applying? Also everyone who got a conditional offer, what qualifications did you guys apply with? How did your interview go, did you feel confident? I'm feeling so anxious

hi, do you have a-leveles, and how much does a access course cost?
Reply 16
Original post by Sundus03
hi, do you have a-leveles, and how much does a access course cost?

Hello no i dont have a levels which is why im doing the access course biology and chem pathway, i think it costs about £1300 i can't remember. I applied to unis with dental nursing, radiography, oral health, access course and GCSEs what about you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dental8
Hello no i dont have a levels which is why im doing the access course biology and chem pathway, i think it costs about £1300 i can't remember. I applied to unis with dental nursing, radiography, oral health, access course and GCSEs what about you?

i do biology chmeistry and psychology and my predicted grade is A*AA- still got rejected
Reply 18
what type of questions did they ask on the interview??
Hi can I ask what the interview was like please? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest