The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by McGinger
Here is is, the 2022 entry Pharmacology mega-thread !

Where are you applying?

Favourite choice / dream Uni?

When did you apply?

Any offers?

Oh no if lots of people respond here, I'm going to be worried lol I didn't think it was a competitive degree

-Applied to Kings, UCL, Queen Mary, st Georges and bath
-favourite uni is Kings
-applied 2 days ago
-nope
I haven’t applied yet but i’m currently writing my PS.

I am 90% sure on
Leeds
Manchester
Sheffield (medicinal and biological chem)
Bristol
St. george’s

St george’s being my top choice :smile:
Reply 3
Don't forget that there are related degree courses to 'Pharmacology' that may also interest you.
Some examples - available at many different Unis -
'Chemistry for Drug Development' (Bath - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2021/chemistry/mchem-chemistry-for-drug-discovery/)
'Medicinal Chemistry' (Liverpool - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicinal-chemistry-bsc-hons/overview/
'Pharamceutical Sciences' (Salford - https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/pharmaceutical-science)
Pharmaceutical Chemistry' (Middlessex - https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/pharmaceutical-chemistry
Etc etc.
Reply 4
im thinking of manchester, kings, bristol, ucl and leeds in that order
havent sent anything off as still writing my ps

does anyone know if an interview is definitely required for manchester? or any other unis?
Original post by t0897
Oh no if lots of people respond here, I'm going to be worried lol I didn't think it was a competitive degree

-favourite uni is Kings
-applied 2 days ago
-nope

Do you know if you need an interview for pharmacology at kings?
Reply 6
Original post by username786

I remember seeing that they only interview sometimes and that's if they need more information about you but I'm not 100% sure
Reply 7
Original post by username786

They haven't sent me an interview request yet so I'm not sure
Hey guys, since my first post i finalised my application and sent it off on friday the 5th of november. I applied for QMUL with a year abroad , Bristol, St. george’s, leeds and manchester. Just now i received a reduced offer from QMUL, and I hope to firm it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by aillabuck_
Hey guys, since my first post i finalised my application and sent it off on friday the 5th of november. I applied for QMUL with a year abroad , Bristol, St. george’s, leeds and manchester. Just now i received a reduced offer from QMUL, and I hope to firm it :smile:

same for queen mary, it's probably going to be my insurance choice

So whats your offer for QMUL now?
Original post by Omar Abdelghany
So whats your offer for QMUL now?

BBB :smile:
Reply 12
BBB :smile:

I applied for pharmacology with a year in industry, original offer: ABB, reduced offer because of RO: BBC?
Did you apply for a different course
Original post by t0897

-favourite uni is Kings
-applied 2 days ago
-nope

Great choice of unis, what are your predicted grades?
Reply 14
Original post by CatGirl246
Great choice of unis, what are your predicted grades?

My teachers haven't told me yet
just received an offer from the uni of mancheste for pharmacology msci:smile:
Manchester has A*AA if your not eligible for contextual. Why would you apply there?
I knew i was eligible for a contextual offer:smile:
Reply 18
got an offer from st Georges and Queen Mary, happy rn
Reply 19
Any offers from Bath?

Latest

Trending

Trending