The Student Room Group

Civil Service fast stream 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, does anyone have any tips for the AC, specifically the leadership exercise? I've not done an assessment center before and the whole role play idea is making me v nervous. Looking at the example they gave us do we make up our responses or will we be given information on what actions we can take in our roles? Im a bit worried that my lack of relevant experience will make it harder to come up w realistic and effective actions but i might also be overthinking this 😅
Hi guys, how many people are in the AC group exercise teams? Also, does anyone know, if you have extra time does this only mean that you have more time to read the information pack or also that the team part of the group exercise also lasts longer?
Original post by yellowpurple
Hi guys, does anyone have any tips for the AC, specifically the leadership exercise? I've not done an assessment center before and the whole role play idea is making me v nervous. Looking at the example they gave us do we make up our responses or will we be given information on what actions we can take in our roles? Im a bit worried that my lack of relevant experience will make it harder to come up w realistic and effective actions but i might also be overthinking this 😅

All the information will be provided for you on the day, and you’ll have between 20-30 minutes to read it and analyse etc.
It says at the start of the exercise you do not need to know any additional information, as all the scenarios are fictitious (they even make up fake departments). So like if for example in a scenario they were going to create a new benefits system, don’t start talking about universal credit etc as you don’t need to add additional outside knowledge!

Sounds hard but it makes it easier and fairer for everyone.
Original post by DMula5055
Ohh thanks! I’ll see when I find out if I made it or not. My place isn’t in the Civil service(sorry should have said) and it’s hard to get time off. Only 2 people can go at the same time.

Might need to pull a sicky!
Original post by TraditionalFruit
Hi all,

Got the email to say I've passed the VI for the GSS scheme. While I'm happy I've got this far, I have a few concerns. For the GSS scheme, from what I understand there's no way to choose the department or region of your placements. So I have two questions I was hoping someone could answer;

1) I'm currently a civil servant and really like the work we do, so I would love to do at least one of my placements here. Is it possible to ask for this?
2) I also have a strong preference to remain in my current region of the UK. Could I take advantage of remote working instead of potentially moving across the country?

Hey have you done/heard back from your additional info?
Wait the assessment centre is online? I've spent this whole process thinking it would be in person lol
Original post by moribaby
Hi, has anyone had FSAC for Commercial yet? Still waiting on my numerical test score...

Same I did mine nearly a week ago
Original post by Duffy97
No it’s not. I applied when I was in my final year of uni and had actually finished my degree by the time I stated the SDIP. I also did a extra year and a module retriever so you should be okay.

thank you soo much
for those successful - did you get an email to say congrats and a date of the AC? or just a congrats and you would wait for the date thereafter
Original post by hannahsz
for those successful - did you get an email to say congrats and a date of the AC? or just a congrats and you would wait for the date thereafter

Congrats & a date of the AC :smile:
Original post by dsirohi1
Wait the assessment centre is online? I've spent this whole process thinking it would be in person lol

Lol yes it is online. Completely saves us all from having to travel to London or Newcastle
Original post by iStudent26
Hi guys, how many people are in the AC group exercise teams? Also, does anyone know, if you have extra time does this only mean that you have more time to read the information pack or also that the team part of the group exercise also lasts longer?

Hi, in the information pack for the AC it says that the team scenario will have groups of 4, 5 or 6.

For extra time, it will be added to every element of the AC process - they conduct all of the extra time ACs on a Friday where everyone present has the same requirement. I reached out to the FS mailbox with my extra time questions as they can give you the most accurate details for your circumstances.
Original post by ephemeral_chole
Hi, in the information pack for the AC it says that the team scenario will have groups of 4, 5 or 6.

For extra time, it will be added to every element of the AC process - they conduct all of the extra time ACs on a Friday where everyone present has the same requirement. I reached out to the FS mailbox with my extra time questions as they can give you the most accurate details for your circumstances.

Hi, thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. That's really reassuring and brilliant news extra time will be added to every element of the AC process! Good luck with yours!
Hello! I apologise if this is the wrong thread to ask, or if this has been asked previously, but I was wondering if anyone knew what to put for the 'List the details of the subjects and modules studies in each year student room' section? Am I just supposed to give the titles of the modules for each year? I'm only in first year, so i'm not sure if i need to write all the modules for each year and how much detail to go in to?

I applied for the Early Diversity Internship programme, and this is for the stage that comes after the online tests.
Still haven’t heard back from VI after completing it on Monday 25th October, so 4 weeks today.

Hoping it’s my HoP choice holding me up, but then again I would imagine I have been sifted out of this stream earlier on in the process which is worrying me.

My scores at Online Exercise Stage:
“More than Majority”
“High Range”
“Average”
“Above Average”

Work Based Scenarios:
“Above Average”
“Average”

My streams are:
Finance > HoP > Digital > Generalist

I am worried now that I won’t be passing for my first choice as I’ve seen a fair number of people say they’ve been asked to do numerical tests for their Finance application ☹️.

Anybody know if there will be later Finance AC’s or shall I write my first stream off at this point?
Does anyone have an idea of roughly how many words you'd be expected to do for the written task in the AC?
Just got through to the Assesment Centre for the morning session on December 20 for Government Social Research Service and Project Delivery.

In case it is useful, invite came a week after I submitted my extra information.
Is anyone else through for HR?
Original post by psych95
Is anyone else through for HR?

Not heard back from my VI yet & HR was my first choice, how about you?
Honestly, for all of us still waiting who did the VI weeks ago, I think it’s quite unfair. Making people wait many weeks, while others are long moved on, isn’t right. Reject me, or approve me, but the limbo isn’t fair. Thinking of withdrawing my application just to end the wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending