The Student Room Group

What secret Santa present to give a teacher

Ive been given the burden to get my chemistry teacher for secret Santa and I need ideas. I want it to be something weird, funny and memorable. Any ideas? 😬
(Not a tie)
Original post by Mimiachoo
Ive been given the burden to get my chemistry teacher for secret Santa and I need ideas. I want it to be something weird, funny and memorable. Any ideas? 😬
(Not a tie)

I saw something where you can buy a 3D plastic model of the periodic table with little bits of each element inside?
Original post by booklover1313
I saw something where you can buy a 3D plastic model of the periodic table with little bits of each element inside?

Wouldn't that be very expensive though?
Original post by summerbirdreads
Wouldn't that be very expensive though?

It depends, if everyone in the class is pooling money, and everyone gives £3, you can get £60 very easily? Or if people give £5

Even bits of the radioactive and toxic elements? Doesn’t sound very safe…
It depends, if everyone in the class is pooling money, and everyone gives £3, you can get £60 very easily? Or if people give £5

Why is this a thing anyway? many elements are not safe and some are incredibly expensive... Obviously the elements must be fake.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Even bits of the radioactive and toxic elements? Doesn’t sound very safe…

Obviously not the dangerous ones, they wouldn't be able to sell those to the public like that!
Obviously not the dangerous ones, they wouldn't be able to sell those to the public like that!

Well then it’s going to have a lot of empty boxes!

You said each elements....
(Not a tie)

I found one for just under £60:
https://buzzmas.com/products/atomidic%E2%84%A2-1-rated-original-periodic-table-with-real-elements?currency=GBP&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8oGIieyz9AIVj49oCR044gzPEAQYASABEgKS4fD_BwE
You said each elements....

Please don't attack me, I was just trying to help the OP! I'm not the manufacturer, I have no idea what exact legal regulations they had to comply with.
Please don't attack me, I was just trying to help the OP! I'm not the manufacturer, I have no idea what exact legal regulations they had to comply with.

Oh sorry... I did not intend to attack you . It's pretty cool though! I would love to get that as a gift!!
Oh sorry... I did not intend to attack you . It's pretty cool though! I would love to get that as a gift!!

Haha it's all good; ask for it as a Christmas present :smile:
Original post by Son of the Sea
Well then it’s going to have a lot of empty boxes!

You're not wrong haha
(Not a tie)

The part highlighted in bold made me laugh. Thanks for that. :laugh:

A mug?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ceramic-Dishwasher-Premium-Chemistry-Stuff4/dp/B09DPSXWPF/ref=asc_df_B09DPSXWPF/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=535178408111&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10074132754669472171&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045353&hvtargid=pla-1443293400422&psc=1&th=1&psc=1
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/543537146/im-a-chemistry-teacher-to-save-time-lets?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_-home_and_living&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GQQyWkf8ApVrL0eKylkI8T_zIGGXDT4fZ5nklnB1Q7ZO60wytvanocaAnGFEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_14821442085_125173007022_549119977872_pla-303628061699_c__543537146engb_113424926&utm_custom2=14821442085&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GQQyWkf8ApVrL0eKylkI8T_zIGGXDT4fZ5nklnB1Q7ZO60wytvanocaAnGFEALw_wcB

Edit:

I found these chopping boards quite interesting...
https://www.etsy.com/market/periodic_table_cutting_board?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_UK_DSA_GGL_ENG_General-Nonbrand_Catch-All_New&utm_ag=UK-EN_DSA-General&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GRrOeCVLP2mMmE0ZJkQAnPq-S7WwvTo79rtoXTADjPYQtnHkiJ89_oaAvnyEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_11120727342_112118310227_544453317595_dsa-19959388920_c_&utm_custom2=11120727342&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GRrOeCVLP2mMmE0ZJkQAnPq-S7WwvTo79rtoXTADjPYQtnHkiJ89_oaAvnyEALw_wcB
(edited 2 years ago)
Haha it's all good; ask for it as a Christmas present :smile:

I'm way too shy to ask for that lol
(Not a tie)

Minus the whole periodic element saga that’s going on, how about a random 3D model of something you’ve learnt in your chemistry lessons? Would be weird as hell. Funny depends on how you do it and it would be quite memorable depending on the quality. Just don’t give them random elements lol.
some homework, see how they like it :h:

Quick Reply

Latest