The Student Room Group

Why do i stop studying days before my university exams?

Hey guys,

I know this is weird and most people cram the last couple of days before their exams - BUT there is me. I have an exam tomorrow and one on Wednesday. The last 2 weeks I studied for 9 hours a day if not more - however I still have not done enough and I am not prepared (explanation: law degree).

However, since Friday, I've only done 2hrs worth of studying. I have an exam tomorrow but instead I'm starting this forum.

When I did GCSEs and A levels my focused time would be the days before the exam, but ever since I entered university that is not the case.

Does anyone also experience this? Any advice? I'm like panicking but I'm not at the same time!
I'm still only at A-Level, but I find that I can't look at any revision notes before going into the exam, like it will make me forget what I've revised etc. An so I really don't like sitting with everyone else outside the room cause they've all got notes etc. I'm also kind of like in the mentality at the moment of if I don't think about it, it's not going to worry me etc. and so I might not be the best person for your question.
Reply 2
Original post by Zahra_2001
Hey guys,

I know this is weird and most people cram the last couple of days before their exams - BUT there is me. I have an exam tomorrow and one on Wednesday. The last 2 weeks I studied for 9 hours a day if not more - however I still have not done enough and I am not prepared (explanation: law degree).

However, since Friday, I've only done 2hrs worth of studying. I have an exam tomorrow but instead I'm starting this forum.

When I did GCSEs and A levels my focused time would be the days before the exam, but ever since I entered university that is not the case.

Does anyone also experience this? Any advice? I'm like panicking but I'm not at the same time!

Honestly, I feel the same. I have uni exams next week but I've lost all the momentum that I gained over the last few weeks, even though I still have a lot of content left to revise. I've kinda accepted my fate despite still having a week left and it's really hard to get out of that headspace ughh

Hope you do well tho! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by coco:)
Honestly, I feel the same. I have uni exams next week but I've lost all the momentum that I gained over the last few weeks, even though I still have a lot of content left to revise. I've kinda accepted my fate despite still having a week left and it's really hard to get out of that headspace ughh

Hope you do well tho! :h:

Thank you!

To be honest, I think we are just burnt out! We overwork, and then when it comes closer to D-Day we shut down (our bodies take the break we need for ourselves). I also think it is because we are too scared to look at the remaining topics we need to focus on because they are usually the hardest ones or the ones you just do not understand. I am scared to look at my revision notes and see how lacking they are.

But please you should try doing some more work - I'm regretting it deeply at the moment. So plan your days well and give yourself breaks!

Hopefully we both survive these exams T_T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending