The Student Room Group

How am I meant to write a personal statement on two different courses?

All personal statements I've read start with information on the particular course, why they want to do that course, and proof they can do it.
However, I'm wanting to apply for 2 different courses, communications, and digital media.
Has anybody done similar before? How did you do it?
I'm so lost it's amazing, I'd be extremely grateful for any advice.

Thanks
Original post by AlexAyy
All personal statements I've read start with information on the particular course, why they want to do that course, and proof they can do it.
However, I'm wanting to apply for 2 different courses, communications, and digital media.
Has anybody done similar before? How did you do it?
I'm so lost it's amazing, I'd be extremely grateful for any advice.

Thanks

I don’t know if this works for all courses. My cousin applied to medicine and her 5th choice had to be different so she emailed the university and asked if she could send a CV specifically for that course to them which they agreed to.

Might be worth a shot at least
Yeah that's sort of why people say you shouldn't apply for 2 different courses, apparently it'll come off as you're not 'desperately dedicated' to either. I think you either have to ditch one of them or put both in your statement, or maybe blend them instead of separately mentioning both since they're vaguely similar courses
They are so similar you might be able to get away with this if you dont actually name either degree on your PS.
Or you can phone the 'other' Unis on Monday and ask if they will accept a 2nd PS from you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending