The Student Room Group

WJEC eduqas 2022 English literature question predictions

What do you think the questions will be? Could there be a chance of repeating the question?
I think:
Macbeth- importance of Macduff
Inspector calls- Sheila
Christmas carol- poverty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zm_03
What do you think the questions will be? Could there be a chance of repeating the question?
I think:
Macbeth- importance of Macduff
Inspector calls- Sheila
Christmas carol- poverty

heyyy so i think these will be the questions:
Macbeth - supernatural
AIC - sheila (also probably eric as well but either of them would be fine)
ACC - poverty seems possible but the cratchits came up in 2019 so there could be a lower possibility of it coming up. i'd say family or responsibility
Reply 2
Original post by _aislxm06
Macbeth - supernatural
ACC - poverty seems possible but the cratchits came up in 2019 so there could be a lower possibility of it coming up. i'd say family or responsibility

i think it will be
aic- generation gap (they've only done one theme so far0
romeo and juliet - friar
jekyll and hyde - utterson

anyone have any ideas for poetry anthology?
i think for macbeth, it would be a theme. they have already done the relationship between m + lm, the character of lady macbeth, the character of macbeth and violence so maybe another theme like guilt or ambition. for an inspector calls, i think it is going to be a theme as they have already done many characters (mr birling, mrs birling, sheila, the inspector and only one theme for social responsibility) so i think it might be power or age/generational change. for jekyll and hyde, they have focused on a lot of themes recently so i think they'll go for a character, and they have already done most of the main characters so i think it might be mr utterson.
In Shakespeare's initial introduction of Macbeth's character, the theme of loyalty is presented through his unwavering loyalty to his king and country as he is described as having fought against the rebellions with his "brandished steel smoked with bloody execution". Through the powerful metaphor, Shakespeare cleverly portrays Macbeth's innate savagery and patriotism as his bloody and murderous ways are celebrated in his efforts to restore order, but also foreshadows the act of betrayal he will commit. Furthermore the word "execution" used is interesting as it reminds one of capital punishment and is bringing justice to the king further amplifying his loyalty. Additionally, Shakespeare illustrates the theme of betrayal as we are shown the repercussions of betrayal as the treacherous thane of Cawdor is punished and his title being passed to Macbeth, however is ironic as we shortly see Macbeth's betrayal further along the play. Moreover, the prospect of kingship prophesised by the witches stirs thoughts of betrayal as he pleads "stars hide your fires let not light see my back and deep desires". Shakespeare boldly implies that Macbeth is aware of his ambition of kingship and uses the juxtaposition of "light" and "black" to highlight that he is also aware of the repercussions that follow with this immoral act. Shakespeare portrayal of loyalty and betrayal conveys how even the noblest of people have the capacity to betray someone.
Anyone know what the 2021 questions were for AIC and Romeo and Juliet? My guesses for this year are:

AIC - Either a theme or Eric
R+J: Capulet or Romeo (or that’s what i’m hoping for!)
What do you think creative writing may be about
Original post by willpearce0
What do you think creative writing may be about

creative writing is always a range, I'd say that's pretty hard to guess.
The exam's tomorrow, wishing all of us the best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by short man
Anyone know what the 2021 questions were for AIC and Romeo and Juliet? My guesses for this year are:

AIC - Either a theme or Eric
R+J: Capulet or Romeo (or that’s what i’m hoping for!)

For eduqas AIC was inspector goole
Reply 9
Original post by _aislxm06
Macbeth - supernatural

Yess don’t mind either of those
Original post by Zm_03
For eduqas AIC was inspector goole

wasn’t that 2020?
Reply 11
Original post by short man
wasn’t that 2020?

no it was last year, Their exams counted as 2020s tho as they did one paper in November earlier
Reply 12
has anyone heard of, or got, any predictions for:
- blood brothers (i know, gross right?)
- romeo and juliet??
Original post by Zm_03
no it was last year, Their exams counted as 2020s tho as they did one paper in November earlier

ohh gotcha thanks
the shakespeare exam is the one everyone is sitting (whereas others eg anthology poetry can be cut out)
they normall include one harder question
so this leads me to believe that this year’s harder question will be on macbeth

i’m personally hoping for:
-banquo/relationship between macbeth and banquo
-macduff

but it could also be
-supernatural
-ambition

they are my predictions, i am really hoping for banquo but he did come up on the specimen paper, so now i’m not so sure
having said that, the relationship between macbeth and banquo could definitely come up, especially considering macbeth, lady macbeth, AND their relationship have all come up in the past

then again, that isn’t a theme, so realistically it will probably be ambition :/ which is kinda boring lol and easy too
Reply 15
Original post by cbrr
has anyone heard of, or got, any predictions for:
- blood brothers (i know, gross right?)
- romeo and juliet??

okay, from what i can gather, i can't find anyone with any predictions. so...

here's my predictions (very rough idea)
- for romeo and juliet i'm guessing either friar lawrence or the nurse. but it could be: any theme (except love), romeo, mercutio or benvolio, monts and caps, lord caps or any relationship??.
- for blood brothers i'm guessing a theme. probably superstition tbh but it could be: narrator, edward, mickey or even the relationship between them.

tbh, i don't have any actual reasons to guess these. it's a mix of my intuition (i'm such an empath) and what it's probably not gonna be bc of the past questions from 2017-2020... does anyone else have anything different they think it's gonna be???
Reply 16
Sorry I don’t do them ones
Reply 17
Original post by xiaorphic
the shakespeare exam is the one everyone is sitting (whereas others eg anthology poetry can be cut out)
they normall include one harder question
so this leads me to believe that this year’s harder question will be on macbeth

i’m personally hoping for:
-banquo/relationship between macbeth and banquo
-macduff

but it could also be
-supernatural
-ambition

they are my predictions, i am really hoping for banquo but he did come up on the specimen paper, so now i’m not so sure
having said that, the relationship between macbeth and banquo could definitely come up, especially considering macbeth, lady macbeth, AND their relationship have all come up in the past

then again, that isn’t a theme, so realistically it will probably be ambition :/ which is kinda boring lol and easy too

Yess i want Macduff too, I need to revise Banquo still but don’t think it will be him due to specimen paper.
I think supernatural would be better to write abt than ambition so 🤞
Original post by Zm_03
Yess i want Macduff too, I need to revise Banquo still but don’t think it will be him due to specimen paper.
I think supernatural would be better to write abt than ambition so 🤞

yeah tbf in an ambition essay you’d just talk about macbeth, lady macbeth and banquo mainly
yeah same i don’t think it will be banquo at least not on his own which i’m annoyed about cause i had loads to say about himmm
but yeah supernatural would be pretty easy too cause you’d just talk about witches, lady macbeth and maybe if you had time the distortion of nature like when the horses started eating each other or something like that😭
Reply 19
Original post by xiaorphic
yeah tbf in an ambition essay you’d just talk about macbeth, lady macbeth and banquo mainly
yeah same i don’t think it will be banquo at least not on his own which i’m annoyed about cause i had loads to say about himmm
but yeah supernatural would be pretty easy too cause you’d just talk about witches, lady macbeth and maybe if you had time the distortion of nature like when the horses started eating each other or something like that😭

Yess exactly.Exam’s in 3 daysss, good luck everyone!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending