The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 3 7405/3 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 23rd June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how to revise and get the practical questions right. Like it always asks why do this or that or what could you improve etc. How do I get these right?
Original post by Spu354334
Does anyone know how to revise and get the practical questions right. Like it always asks why do this or that or what could you improve etc. How do I get these right?

Maybe try to learn the methods and why each step is done. Also, why each type of equipment is used and safety techniques.
YIAIMIO.exampro.net has some questions which may help.
Reply 3
There are 3 required practicals mentioned in the advanced info for this paper. Are these the only practicals/practical techniques that could be tested in this paper?
Original post by kkmed
There are 3 required practicals mentioned in the advanced info for this paper. Are these the only practicals/practical techniques that could be tested in this paper?

I think so, this is what our teachers told us
Reply 5
Original post by kkmed

practicals outside the advance information could come up in MCQs (section B) and as low tarriff Qs (2-3 marks?), RP6 is bound to come up somewhere bc it's the tests of organic ions
At this point, we should just revise everything in chem as they link somehow. For example, they kept electrode potentials, but for that u need knowledge of oxidation and reduction reactions but they took it off the spec.
But if you think you dont have enough time, stick to focusing on topics on the advanced info
Original post by Lucy.may2
At this point, we should just revise everything in chem as they link somehow. For example, they kept electrode potentials, but for that u need knowledge of oxidation and reduction reactions but they took it off the spec.

True but in terms of the rp only need to do the 4 cos they only test you on 4 or 5 every year anyways not all 12.
So for the multiple choice at the end of paper 3, do we think there will be a lot that aren't on the advanced info as they are only one markers?
That stresses me out a bit
Original post by rosieee_mae1234
So for the multiple choice at the end of paper 3, do we think there will be a lot that aren't on the advanced info as they are only one markers?
That stresses me out a bit

Yeah it says on the first page of the advanced information that topics not listed can still appear on low tariff questions, multiple choice etc so it's bound to happen. Ik it's a bit stressful but maybe try doing loads of multiple choice questions as a way to revise for it? since they're all 1 mark
Original post by _notursavior
Yeah it says on the first page of the advanced information that topics not listed can still appear on low tariff questions, multiple choice etc so it's bound to happen. Ik it's a bit stressful but maybe try doing loads of multiple choice questions as a way to revise for it? since they're all 1 mark

They lied bcuz nmr wasnt on the list and it came as a 6 marker! Im pretty sure there was more than one question on it 😭😭😭
Hi does anyone know why we extrapolate the graph when plotting the temperature change for Req Prac. 2?
Is there a particular reason why we do it? :smile:

ps. I also hope everyone's paper 2s went well!
(I found it so hard welp)
Original post by faizahkhan
They lied bcuz nmr wasnt on the list and it came as a 6 marker! Im pretty sure there was more than one question on it 😭😭😭

Idk what world aqa lives on 💀💀
Original post by tuflaaa
Hi does anyone know why we extrapolate the graph when plotting the temperature change for Req Prac. 2?
Is there a particular reason why we do it? :smile:

ps. I also hope everyone's paper 2s went well!
(I found it so hard welp)

To find an accurate Delta T(change in temp), because heat is lost to the surroundings when we do the experiment. So doing highest T - lowest T won't give an accurate temp change.
Original post by _notursavior
To find an accurate Delta T(change in temp), because heat is lost to the surroundings when we do the experiment. So doing highest T - lowest T won't give an accurate temp change.

thank you!
Hi does anyone know any websites that have got PPQ on them? Like PMT and https://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/2nd-year.html
I've basically rinsed through most of them lmao x
I was using scienceskool but most of the Qs were old spec.
I have also put these on the paper 2 discussion, but here they are on this one.

They're best guesses, so take them with a pinch of salt.
which equations do we need to know for the electrode potentials topic?

is it just the lithium battery + alkaline hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell?

currently on chemrevise and the summary sheet says that we don't need to learn all equations but doesn't specify which ones who actually need to know :confused:
Guys where can l find all the required practicals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending