The Student Room Group

Can my real AS exams change my predicted grades

Hello,I recently got a report back from my school regarding my last mock exams I did back in March. I saw that I got predicted BCB but I need at least AAA to apply to a medical school, so if I were to get A's in my actual AS exams would the teachers upgrade my predicted or am I stuck with BCB?Thanks,
My mocks were v bad but I got v good predictions after a good AS so yeah
Original post by speedkiller456
Hello,I recently got a report back from my school regarding my last mock exams I did back in March. I saw that I got predicted BCB but I need at least AAA to apply to a medical school, so if I were to get A's in my actual AS exams would the teachers upgrade my predicted or am I stuck with BCB?Thanks,

Your teachers can change your predicted grade anytime they want to using whatever evidence they have to make their conclusion. Each school has their own process for deciding predicted grades. It seems very unlikely that they would ignore much improved end of year results when deciding on your UCAS prediction.
Original post by gdunne42
Your teachers can change your predicted grade anytime they want to using whatever evidence they have to make their conclusion. Each school has their own process for deciding predicted grades. It seems very unlikely that they would ignore much improved end of year results when deciding on your UCAS prediction

True, but throughout year 12 my in-class assessments were pretty much average in terms of the grades, so I thought it would've been pretty difficult to convince the subject leader even with real exams to increase my predicted.
True, but throughout year 12 my in-class assessments were pretty much average in terms of the grades, so I thought it would've been pretty difficult to convince the subject leader even with real exams to increase my predicted.

Unless my real exams carry more weight than my mocks which is what i'm assuming is the case?

Clearly that makes a difference. You are right that that if you've not performed exceptionally well all year and then magically pull out some good grades in the end of year exams, persuading them you are a realistic AAA candidate won't be easy. Achieving the best possible AS results will help.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by gdunne42
Clearly that makes a difference. You are right that that if you've not performed exceptionally well all year and then magically pull out some good grades in the end of year exams, persuading them you are a realistic AAA candidate won't be easy.

Good point, I guess it's best to wait and see as in my school, the teachers who mark my mock papers and in-class assessments mark very harshly. So I can think of a few things I could say to them based off that, I also have good attendance and punchuality. I am always told that my work ethic is impressive so amongst other things I would hope I could convince them...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Callicious
My mocks were v bad but I got v good predictions after a good AS so yeah

Nice, hopefully something simillar happens with me

Quick Reply

Latest