The Student Room Group

All U's for predicted grades

So basically im currently in year 12 and decided to charge it this whole year and basically got 0 work done, which meant that i got 2 U's and an E for my mock grades, does this mean no uni will accept me even if i get half decent grades in the actual exam, whats my best bet ???
Honestly, i doubt there are any places that will take you with Us, and an E as your best grade.
Maybe take a gap year and apply with actual grades.
Your work ethic needs sorting out before you go to university. Why would you get no work done at all? What's the point of even being there?
Reply 3
Original post by WIZZY_6
So basically im currently in year 12 and decided to charge it this whole year and basically got 0 work done, which meant that i got 2 U's and an E for my mock grades, does this mean no uni will accept me even if i get half decent grades in the actual exam, whats my best bet ???

get you teachers to give you C's or D's and explain to them how your going to get your grades up.
Original post by WIZZY_6

Hi @WIZZY_6,

When you apply on UCAS, you submit your predicted grades as you haven’t yet sat any of your exams. I am unsure how much your mock exam grades would impact your application, so I would recommend getting in touch with your tutors or head of sixth form to discuss what should happen next.

If you’re wanting to go to university, I would advise you over the summer to try and tackle some of your revision in small amounts to prepare yourself for the workload and exams when you start year 13. This can help ease you into taking on a larger workload, which you’ll most likely get at university.

I have just finished my first year of fashion design at BCU and the step up from A Level to University regarding workload and putting in my own time for my course has been noticeable. I like to think of my degree, as I did with my A Levels, as a part time job setting aside designated time for my uni work, and my free time so I stay on track but also don’t feel like my work is taking over my life. Maybe you could try this too? Set times in the day that are just for your A Level work and plan activities in your free time as this can motivate you to get the work done as you have other things to look forward to afterwards.
Good luck with your application for university,
Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University
Reply 5
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Your work ethic needs sorting out before you go to university. Why would you get no work done at all? What's the point of even being there?

Seeing as how i never wanted to go to college in the first place cuz i had a degree apprenticeship lined up and i was working on my business but i was forced down the conventianal route by my parents it sorta justifies the grades
Original post by WIZZY_6
Seeing as how i never wanted to go to college in the first place cuz i had a degree apprenticeship lined up and i was working on my business but i was forced down the conventianal route by my parents it sorta justifies the grades

Therefore the question of why you would even want to go to university still stands. It doesn't sound as though it would suit you at all.
Reply 7
I'd rather have a place at uni at least secured so if nothing else then i can focus on that
Original post by WIZZY_6
I'd rather have a place at uni at least secured so if nothing else then i can focus on that

Uni isn't going anywhere. You can go at any age if you decide you want to. Right now, it doesn't sound suitable for you.
Is mock exam important for applying university???
Reply 10
Original post by WIZZY_6

try harder, do papers over the next few weeks and show your teachers you have the motivation and can change your grades. hopefully they should upgrade them a bit?
Reply 11
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Uni isn't going anywhere. You can go at any age if you decide you want to. Right now, it doesn't sound suitable for you.

So basically what youre saying is is that i should focus on my attitude to study and getting my grades up before focusing on uni?
Reply 12
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @WIZZY_6,

When you apply on UCAS, you submit your predicted grades as you haven’t yet sat any of your exams. I am unsure how much your mock exam grades would impact your application, so I would recommend getting in touch with your tutors or head of sixth form to discuss what should happen next.

If you’re wanting to go to university, I would advise you over the summer to try and tackle some of your revision in small amounts to prepare yourself for the workload and exams when you start year 13. This can help ease you into taking on a larger workload, which you’ll most likely get at university.

I have just finished my first year of fashion design at BCU and the step up from A Level to University regarding workload and putting in my own time for my course has been noticeable. I like to think of my degree, as I did with my A Levels, as a part time job setting aside designated time for my uni work, and my free time so I stay on track but also don’t feel like my work is taking over my life. Maybe you could try this too? Set times in the day that are just for your A Level work and plan activities in your free time as this can motivate you to get the work done as you have other things to look forward to afterwards.
Good luck with your application for university,
Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University

thx for the advice , it really did help
The school cannot predict you a U, they will have to predict you a C, even if they think you will get a U, in the real thing. It happened to one of my mates. .
Original post by WIZZY_6
So basically what youre saying is is that i should focus on my attitude to study and getting my grades up before focusing on uni?

Yes, exactly

Quick Reply

Latest