The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 1 8702/1N - 25 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

so for writers method did you have to show a range or was 1 enough? if you did 1 only could that mark for the whole thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wait wdym u only did one method?
Reply 2
Original post by chan432
wait wdym u only did one method?

oh nah i didnt even do it at all. was just asking if i did manage to do at least 1 will i get marks for it or do you have to do a range.
I didn't write a conclusion. Does it matter?
Reply 4
I think u have to do a range to show the examiner that u fully understand the text and what the writer wants the reader/audience to feel. what was the one u managed to do?

Original post by weriCRYS
oh nah i didnt even do it at all. was just asking if i did manage to do at least 1 will i get marks for it or do you have to do a range.
Reply 5
nah I dont think it really matters. as long as ur last paragraph seemed finished I think its fine. idk tho

Original post by do de die egg
Reply 6

i didnt do it too and im guessing yeah it does matter
Reply 7
yh I think a conclusion just rounds off all ur ideas and shows that u made a coherent argument. but idk if u'll lose loads of marks for not doing one
i didnt do it too and im guessing yeah it does matter
so for writers method did you have to show a range or was 1 enough? if you did 1 only could that mark for the whole thing?

Did you include subject terminology?
Reply 9
Original post by chan432
I think u have to do a range to show the examiner that u fully understand the text and what the writer wants the reader/audience to feel. what was the one u managed to do?

okay so if you mean writers methods like simile metaphors i didnt do it but i did add in context does that count as writers methods technically or their ideas?
if u did context then that would count towards AO3 which is max 6 marks. writers methods would be AO2 and that's like 12 marks and that includes similes metaphors etc.

okay so if you mean writers methods like simile metaphors i didnt do it but i did add in context does that count as writers methods technically or their ideas?
Reply 11

because i was too focused on context to even care about similes metaphors....smh
did u zoom in on words and their effects?
because i was too focused on context to even care about similes metaphors....smh
Reply 13
Original post by chan432
if u did context then that would count towards AO3 which is max 6 marks. writers methods would be AO2 and that's like 12 marks and that includes similes metaphors etc.

honestly paper 1 is a clear flop for me im just gonna make it up for paper 2 so i can get that 9.....i dont even know why i think this, maybe high standards? you see im a top grade student for english. but anyways yeah if similes and personification part of ao2 then its clear flop for me. the thing is the examiners probably gonna think i dont know when in reality i do know subject terminology i just really didnt have time
Reply 14
Original post by chan432
did u zoom in on words and their effects?

well only for one. i just said here you can see they are being aggressive but i didnt add in the effect. :cry2:
Reply 15

nope
slayy top grade student uno. dw u'll do better in the next one <33
honestly paper 1 is a clear flop for me im just gonna make it up for paper 2 so i can get that 9.....i dont even know why i think this, maybe high standards? you see im a top grade student for english. but anyways yeah if similes and personification part of ao2 then its clear flop for me. the thing is the examiners probably gonna think i dont know when in reality i do know subject terminology i just really didnt have time

don't worry. we are all on the same boat.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
Original post by chan432
slayy top grade student uno. dw u'll do better in the next one <33

:u:the next one im gonna basically finish everything perfectly then have 10 minutes of resting. thanks, you too! but i should assume you already have done well lol since you arent stress replying to me just giving me answers.
Reply 19
last thing does structure and form get marked and how much is it worth, IF you KNOW! :smile:

i didnt do that too for the modern play or novel

but i did for poetry luckily.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending