The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Chemistry Paper 2 H432/02 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR A Level Chemistry Paper 2 exam go for you?

OCR A Level Chemistry Periodic table elements and physical chemistry H432/02 - 20 Jun 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

H432/02 Paper 2 2h15 20 June 2022 am

Resources

Official Specification

Advance Information

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi guys! if u have any questions about organic chemistry let me know and i'll try my best to explain :smile:
How do you memorise organic synthesis?
Original post by Vanessaola
How do you memorise organic synthesis?

Honestly just copying out the chart loads of times, if you can laminate an empty version you can use a whiteboard pen and reuse the template
Ok will do thanks
(Original post by bea_murray0)Honestly just copying out the chart loads of times, if you can laminate an empty version you can use a whiteboard pen and reuse the template
Is this paper generally easier than paper 1 if you hate maths?
Original post by MosesSHTAR

Amount of substance is still top of the advance info but generally I find it less mathsy, no rate equations, Arrhenius and Kc etc
Original post by MosesSHTAR

I guess module 2 is still included, but probably, especially since there is no physical chemistry.
64% (172/270) for an A in the november 2021 chemistry. what do you think it will be this year?
Original post by Iceyballz
64% (172/270) for an A in the november 2021 chemistry. what do you think it will be this year?

For an A the mid point between 2021 and 2019 is 184/270 so 68%
How did people find the 2017 organic paper?
Reply 11
does anyone have any predicted papers for this paper that they could send pls

What about for a B?
Original post by dawud.48
What about for a B?

139/270 in 2021, so 51%.
Original post by bea_murray0
Honestly just copying out the chart loads of times, if you can laminate an empty version you can use a whiteboard pen and reuse the template

Do you have a link to the chart you use by any chance?
do NOT like organic
Original post by aliaa03
do NOT like organic

neither but I think I need like at least 70 on this paper to get the marks up 😔😭

make that 80 lol, I counted wrong 💀
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by othello03
neither but I think I need like at least 70 on this paper to get the marks up 😔😭

make that 80 lol, I counted wrong 💀

omg good luck !!! you’ve got this ☘️
Original post by aliaa03
do NOT like organic

just revise the synthetic routes, mechanisms, purification methods and functional group tests and thats 70% of the paper already
i much prefer it to paper 1
(edited 1 year ago)
just revise the synthetic routes, mechanisms, purification methods and functional group tests and thats 70% of the paper already
i much prefer it to paper 1

i got legit 50% on the 2021 paper 2 which sucked cause i revised so much for it. very silly mistakes such as a 6 mark 2 step synthesis q and i didn’t spot an extra C added on so my whole method was wrong and i got 0/6 :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending