The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 1 7707/1 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 1 7707/1 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June AM
Length: 3h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have any paris questions specifically for the pre released info
anyone have any predictions for prose/poetry comparison? I'm doing Gatsby and pre-1900 anthology
How did everyone find it?
Original post by AnonymousX0823
How did everyone find it?

I did Frankenstein and Donne, Paris was alright. The problem was that the Frankenstein question was absolutely terrible, and it sucked up a lot of time
Reply 5
I did Handmaids tale and that also sucked alot of time so I little time for poetry. How did you find the Paris question.

Original post by Jamie Ngo
I did Frankenstein and Donne, Paris was alright. The problem was that the Frankenstein question was absolutely terrible, and it sucked up a lot of time
Original post by Jamie Ngo

I picked Victor's state of mind but I mentioned the parallels to the other narrators too? not sure if they would appreciate that if the question is centred on Victor but hey ho
Reply 7
Is anyone doing The Great Gatsby and Streetcar?
ME
Reply 9
Original post by Chaz35050
ME

Hey how are you preparing!
Original post by Ric AB

I'm doing Streetcar & Into The Wild
Reply 11
Original post by Liv1354
I'm doing Streetcar & Into The Wild

Hey how are you preparing for streetcar?
Original post by Ric AB
Hey how are you preparing for streetcar?

I've just done a few mindmaps, such as on; main contextual factors, key motifs and symbolism, character profiles and what may have shaped the text. How are you revising?
:wink: Original post by Ric AB)Hey how are you preparing!

exam technique from youtube vids, looking into what each AO asks you to do (eg the essentials to include), character profiles and I might reread chapter 4 to 6 just before bed
Original post by Ric AB

me!!
Original post by Liv1354
I've just done a few mindmaps, such as on; main contextual factors, key motifs and symbolism, character profiles and what may have shaped the text. How are you revising?

did you do any conversational theories or dramatic conventions?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by P1xievampr
did you do any conversational theories or dramatic conventions?

Yes, I've done Grice's cooperative principles, Lakoff's politeness prinicples, naturalist vs expressionist, Erving Goffman: face theory and just plastic threatre overall. Do you recommend any others to include?
Original post by Liv1354
Yes, I've done Grice's cooperative principles, Lakoff's politeness prinicples, naturalist vs expressionist, Erving Goffman: face theory and just plastic threatre overall. Do you recommend any others to include?

i think you've pretty much covered it tbh. i need to go over some more conversational theories. do you recommend any areas in the play where one is used like really obviously which is easy to analyse??
i mean the obvious ones are like stella ''what - contemptible - lies'' where she defends her sister and undermines stanley etc. which is Goffman's theory of face. and then Blanche's attempt to hide her lies to Mitch when she flouts grice's maxim of quantity, which i guess could also be her flouting the maxim of relevance as she goes on to talk about her husband when being asked about her age, which is then her almost using Allan as a coping mechanism and he becomes a part of her fantasy, which makes us reconsider the validity of her story in the first place.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by P1xievampr
i think you've pretty much covered it tbh. i need to go over some more conversational theories. do you recommend any areas in the play where one is used like really obviously which is easy to analyse??

Obviously, Blanche's long monologue could fit into a few from scene 1 (expressionist, quantity from the Grice's maxims and Lakoff's politeness principle) and her monologue from the animal imagery to describe Stanley from scene 4 is significant.

Do you recommend any key scenes that could fit into a lot of topics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending