Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, no, I didn’t put that.Or that, or that, or that.So, right, I have concluded: I have failed.#GettinganEI’m not going to look at any ‘unofficial markscheme’.You people make me sad. You guys should thank me.I just lowered the grade boundary Yes, you’re welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deatheater4134)
    for the light intensity question, wouldnt you talk about how light intensity is no longer the limiting factor and so c02 or something else must be - then explain this in terms of the calvin cycle?
    You're wrong. It asked for it in terms of biochemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buxtonarmy)
    Calvin cycle is biochemistry..

ReputationRep:
    Was the filling in gap: endrocrine, hormone, cortex and target?

ReputationRep:
    inner membrane
    stroma
    grana

M, B, M

Literally the ONLY things i was confident on

ReputationRep:
    I labelled the chloroplast AND the mitochondria wrong. They were easy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignHamster)
    thats what i got

but i put adrenal cortex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignHamster)
    i put those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hilton184)
    Yes but also in that question we were told fever increases body temperature. Hence you would normally want to reduce temperature back to optimum via negative feedback. So why shiver if this increases temperature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I read the question as the fever causes the set temperature to increase, and therefore the body feels the need to increase its internal temperature which is why it would shiver

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so as he said, you would talk about CO2 being the limiting factor and then talk about how limiting CO2 is effecting Calvin Cycle no? RuBP+CO2 reaction has a lower rate when CO2 concentration is lower. This is talking in terms of biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownclown)
    Calvin cycle is biochemistry..
    I put CO2 concentration as less carbon fixation in calvin cycle, so less glucose and/or amino acids produced

I also put number of photosystems as they would all be saturated after a while

ReputationRep:
    Yes but also in that question we were told fever increases body temperature. Hence you would normally want to reduce temperature back to optimum via negative feedback. So why shiver if this increases temperature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sweating decreases temp, shiver brings it back to normal

I put shivering increases temp so unfavourable conditions for pathogen and they die. I think the above is correct

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So increase temperate further to kill the pathogens/denature their enzymes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadiabafekr)
    Attachment 422095

This is the right pic sorry
    u got me 3 marks man
    thanks! i had a look at this 10 mins before the exam haha

ReputationRep:
    Yes, so as he said, you would talk about CO2 being the limiting factor and then talk about how limiting CO2 is effecting Calvin Cycle no? RuBP+CO2 reaction has a lower rate when CO2 concentration is lower. This is talking in terms of biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's right. Just mentioning limiting factors won't get you the mark.

ReputationRep:
    How did people label the mitochondria? The glycolysis was that label Z?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i did it like that as well, with the calvin cycle etc

ReputationRep:
    no, biochemistry includes the calvin cycle and the fixation of c02, inclusive of RuBP - I don't know what you're idea of biochemistry is! you would have also been able to argue temperature too, given that optimum temp may not have been present, reducing the ability of Rubisco to work and form ESC's. So I know youre wrong....it's more about if anyone else has any other better sugestions

ReputationRep:
    what was the letters for the aerobic respiration stages occur in an mitochondira?

i know i got 1 right that was glycolysis occurs in the cytoplasm i forgot the letters tho

ReputationRep:
    for plant structure adaptations i put it'll have a range of photosynthetic pigment that can absorb a range of wavelength(in the shade) anyone else?? and i put cortex

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.