The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shibucool
I got 18216000 wbu?

Same xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hazwaz7
What do we think the grade boundaries will be? Around 50 for an A*?

no A* is usually around 41 :smile: i did a mock earlier this week and got 42 and that was an A* 34 ish was an A :smile:
what did everyone say was wrong with the circuit??
Original post by Dalek1099
You are correct.I think that will be where everyone will have lost the marks because I think a lot have people wouldn't have seen that it was 2 hours but I was so impressed that I saw it straight away.It was a lot easier than the may 2012 paper but I think the grade boundaries won't be as high as some people are saying I predict: A*-48 A-40 B-33 C-26 D-20 E-17.I think I may have lost a couple of marks on the one mark questions, they were hard.I am right in thinking they only asked for the units twice and that you didn't need to calculate anything using series and parallel rules-I'm pretty sure you didn't but I'm just checking.I got 18,216,00 and 79,200 too.

Doubt A* will be 48, I'd say more like 51/52
Original post by Jess_Hills
what did everyone say was wrong with the circuit??

The switch was open and the voltmeter should of been in parallel instead of the ammeter.
Is there a chance to resit this one? ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bbadonde2
Doubt A* will be 48, I'd say more like 51/52

i disagree, it's 11- D and around 35 - A and then around 41- A* i did the may 2012 one on tuesday and that was the mark scheme
Original post by obdreno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh In May 2013
The switch was open and the voltmeter should of been in parallel instead of the ammeter.

aaarrgggh! i said the voltmeter one but i didnt see that the switch was open!! :frown:(
Original post by obdreno

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, in the summer :smile:
Reply 230

Would I get the mark for putting the ammeter shouldn't be in a separate loop?
For the circuit one.....
1) the voltmeter was connected in series
2) the ammeter was connected in parallel

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you put for why when you use a diode it will change in the graph?
Original post by KanikaPurple21
For the circuit one.....
1) the voltmeter was connected in series
2) the ammeter was connected in parallel

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats exactly what i put! :Pi didnt see that the switch was open, :smile:
Reply 234
Original post by Dalek1099
You are correct.I think that will be where everyone will have lost the marks because I think a lot have people wouldn't have seen that it was 2 hours but I was so impressed that I saw it straight away.It was a lot easier than the may 2012 paper but I think the grade boundaries won't be as high as some people are saying I predict: A*-48 A-40 B-33 C-26 D-20 E-17.I think I may have lost a couple of marks on the one mark questions, they were hard.I am right in thinking they only asked for the units twice and that you didn't need to calculate anything using series and parallel rules-I'm pretty sure you didn't but I'm just checking.I got 18,216,00 and 79,200 too.

Did you have to convert the 2 hours to minutes? I remember putting something similar to those answers.
Original post by Jess_Hills
yes, in the summer :smile:

Yh In May 2013

I'm going to need it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who put almost no effort in revision for this subject- to try and boost chemistry and biology grades of course. :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beat
Did you have to convert the 2 hours to minutes? I remember putting something similar to those answers.

yes you did, 2 hours is 7200 secs then do the equation :smile:
Original post by Beat

No, into seconds
Reply 238
No, into seconds

I did minutes, oops.
on the question about alpha decay, is the atomic number 2 and mass no. 2?? then do you take away the numbers when working out the decay??

Latest

Trending

Trending