The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zeb123
Our rooms in the flats already assigned by the university or do we choose, a first come first basis?!?!

They're assigned by the university.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2381
Original post by SophieLaw_
I'm at Ashburne halls, what about you? :smile:

when do you reckon you'll move?:smile:
I'm oak house and my room is assigned.
Reply 2383
I'm pretty sure it depends when you applied for Uni accommodation. If it's late then they assign you to a flat, otherwise it's first come first served basis. I applied in ~March and I've got a room from one of my choices.
Bedrooms are assigned :yep:
Original post by chlodobaggins
Has everybody received their welcome pack in the post yet? I've got a letter from my department but not the welcome pack :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, no worth in worrying about it. As long as it arrives before September, all should be fine. Can't wait to start at Manchester:biggrin:
Original post by WannaGetAnA
Me :biggrin: are you excited to start?

Yes me too! 😀😀
I'm confused atm because i have paid my prepayment of £400 for my accommodation however the university haven't asked for a direct debit account to which my 3 annual payments will be made ?!
How do i arrange this ?
Original post by zeb123
I'm confused atm because i have paid my prepayment of £400 for my accommodation however the university haven't asked for a direct debit account to which my 3 annual payments will be made ?!
How do i arrange this ?

The first payment isn't due until mid October, so you can sort it out when you get there by going to your halls reception.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by howitoughttobe
Ah that would probably explain it, still at least you got accommodation sorted early and everthing. I'm having an absolute nightmare with mine, tempted just to go private.

Don't; it'll cost you more in the long run and you'll miss out on loads.
Original post by joeysykes
can you please describe you subjects, grades and motivation for this course, i am really interested and may apply :smile:

Hi! So I took mostly creative subjects for A Level:

Media
Art
English linguistics
English literature
& Greek as an AS

& in total I got AA*BBA

I was at a previous university but didn't like the course so I changed to this after doing work experience within event management. I also got accepted to other universities but Manchester just seemed perfect! The beauty of this course is that it covers all areas of management within the entertainment sector which I'm interested in. I suggest you do some work experience :smile: this will help you see if it's something you will enjoy doing but also help you choose which domain you're interested in to study later when picking modules. Hope this helps, Goodluck! Xx
Original post by nkent
when do you reckon you'll move?:smile:

13TH! You? :smile:
Are most people moving in on the 11th? And I'm in owens park TE.03.13 anyone near? :smile:
I'm a female undergraduate and the tenancy length is 40 weeks. Its a room with a basin and its in a self-catered hall in Wright Robinsons (City Campus).

I would really really love a room that's ensuite, preferably a self-catered in Victoria Halls. But the most important thing is it being an ensuite.

Message me here or facebook. My facebook name is Corazon Julao.
Help!! My daughter has been offered a room in st gabriels hall because she's 17- she really doesn't want this hall, but the accommodation office have said that there's no choice (or Canterbury court- too expensive) due to get age, but her friend who's also 17 has an offer for Whitworth. We've sent emails but no joy as yet- any advice anybody?? She really is looking forward to starting but this is putting a bit of a downer on the whole thing for her... 😬
Original post by Loueythecat
Help!! My daughter has been offered a room in st gabriels hall because she's 17- she really doesn't want this hall, but the accommodation office have said that there's no choice (or Canterbury court- too expensive) due to get age, but her friend who's also 17 has an offer for Whitworth. We've sent emails but no joy as yet- any advice anybody?? She really is looking forward to starting but this is putting a bit of a downer on the whole thing for her...

I don't think there's much else you can do about it really, the university pretty clearly states from the get-go that students who will be under 18 will have a very limited number of halls to choose from. When does she turn 18?
Original post by Loueythecat
Help!! My daughter has been offered a room in st gabriels hall because she's 17- she really doesn't want this hall, but the accommodation office have said that there's no choice (or Canterbury court- too expensive) due to get age, but her friend who's also 17 has an offer for Whitworth. We've sent emails but no joy as yet- any advice anybody?? She really is looking forward to starting but this is putting a bit of a downer on the whole thing for her...

You can ask if there is anywhere else she could swap to if she finds someone to swap with (they have to be the same gender though). When I was there the other day, they said they were very limited on the accommodation that they had left, so that my be where they have put her where they have. I would also suggest phoning them, they have always been very helpful when I've phoned up. I would say though, she might enjoy it when she's there, and if not, you can also swap about 2 weeks in if she still doesn't like it. Hope that helps. :smile:
Not until march, it may be that she'll have no choice and it does look like a lovely place, just want her to get the most out of her time there and this isn't the best way to start I think!!
Fingers crossed! Thanks for your advice anyway 😊
Reply 2399
Anyone want to swap OP for Richmond Park? I really wanted self-catered :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending