The Student Room Group

Does anyone know what Brighton Uni and Manchester Met are like for trans people?

Considering these two and I’m wondering if these unis have a big LGBT scene and whether or not staff and students are welcoming. I’m sure they are but I’m just wondering.
Reply 1
My son is at Manchester Met he says the gay scene in Manchester is really good. Canal Street is where the gay village is. The house mates he lives with are like one big family he really enjoys it and has never said he has had any issues at the uni or from students. Good luck wherever you decide.
Reply 2
Original post by pat1864
My son is at Manchester Met he says the gay scene in Manchester is really good. Canal Street is where the gay village is. The house mates he lives with are like one big family he really enjoys it and has never said he has had any issues at the uni or from students. Good luck wherever you decide.

Thanks for the reply this puts my mind at ease 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Considering these two and I’m wondering if these unis have a big LGBT scene and whether or not staff and students are welcoming. I’m sure they are but I’m just wondering.

Both these cities are renowned for their gay scenes, in fact Brighton online is pretty much called the gay city (I've only been to Manchester though) Brighton is much smaller however than manchester.

Depends on if you're a super big city person, since Manchester is larger. Though even if you did go to Brighton you can get to London from there for only £10-15 (with a 16-25 railcard)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending