The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..DT..
Being a buccs fan I'm annoyed they're on TV this weekend because its my first weekend at Uni and I probably wont watch it lol. The best games by a mile this weekend is the Falcons vs Eagles or Patriots vs Chargers so I would have gone with either of those if I was sky.

Patriots v Chargers are on straight after. That should be a cracking game.
Original post by Scott129

Original post by Scott129
But surely from a business perspective, Pack/Panthers would be the best choice, no? Afterall, it is a business. Tbh, I don't even know why I'm that bothered because I'll still watch it :colondollar:

I doubt most casual fans even know who the first draft pick was, and of everyone who does I doubt anyone really cares how badly his team will get rolled by Green Bay.
Just sticking my head in to say Jets are my pick for this season. I'm a bit of a noob though so technical talk goes over my head, but I love watching NFL :p:
Reply 2703
Imma start something off, list your power rankings of the teams you dislike the most in the NFL.

1) Jets
2 ) Raiders
3) Giants
4) Eagles
5) Seahawks

I'd list reasons, but I cant be bothered :smile:
Redskins
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Packers
1) Jets
2) Giants
3) Colts
4) Dolphins
5) Steelers
Colts, Patriots, Cowboys. Not bothered about the rest.
Reply 2707
Original post by marcusmerehay
Redskins
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Packers

What did the panthers ever do to anyone :O lol.

Original post by The Patriot
1) Jets
2) Giants
3) Colts
4) Dolphins
5) Steelers

In hindsight, I coulda put the steelers in my top 5.
Reply 2708
Haters! How can you hate on the mouth breathing quarterback Eli Manning?! lol

I, too, wonder what the hell goes on in his head after throwing an INT

1)Cowboys
2)Steelers
3)Redskins
4)Dolphins
5)Browns (i'm only putting the Browns here because this team is a waste of space. they've been quite possibly the ****tiest team ever since the NFL was born and any player that gets drafted by them has no successful career).
Reply 2709
WHO DAT!
1) Steelers
2) Steelers
3) Steelers
4) Steelers
5) Steelers
Reply 2711
Original post by getinthevan
Just sticking my head in to say Jets are my pick for this season. I'm a bit of a noob though so technical talk goes over my head, but I love watching NFL :p:

The Jets are rex ryan's pick this season (and last season) too. I actually wouldn't mind if they won even though my team is the panthers.
Original post by The Patriot
I take your point, but I just don't believe they were as physically gifted as the "freaks" we have playing now. But like you said, equipment, coaching, etc has all improved... so I guess will never know..

Very interesting though! If Brady wins another ring, he will be IMO the greatest QB ever (but I am bias :L) But comparing him to Montana will be very difficult for the reasons we have mentioned! Good to have a debate though :P

Its hard to say just how physically gifted they where and TBH I think the physical side is often overstated in the NFL. Being a football player is far more important than being an athletic freak (Just ask the Oakland Raiders). I still rate the ability to read the game, having good hands, good positioning and good technique above sheer phyisical strength and speed. The list of athletic draft busts is very long, the list of footballers quite small.

Hard to say with Brady-I think he's supurb but I'm not even sure he's the best QB of this era (I'm still a Manning fan) let alone of all time...
1) Vikings
2) Steelers
3) Browns
4) Patriots
5) 49ers
Reply 2714
1. Steelers
2. Giants
3. Saints
4. Jets
5. Patriots
I swear nearly everyone has said the Patriots haha :P
Reply 2716
1- Saints
2- Panthers
3-Bucs
4- Cowboys
5- Broncos
I don't really hate any teams to be honest.

If I had to choose one it would be the Bengals.
1. Jets
2. Colts
3. Giants
4. Bears
5. Vikings

Also not a huge fan of the Cowboys. Or Raiders. Or Steelers.
Freeman was quite simply quality in that 2nd half. Bucs started slowly again lol but boy did they finish well.

Latest