Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by ManU_18
i'm in the first year, if you've got any questions about the course feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks :smile: Do you enjoy it? And what is your timetable like?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 261
Original post by ssmith181
Thanks :smile: Do you enjoy it? And what is your timetable like?

Yeah i like it, but i'm enjoying the whole uni experience.

If you've done A level sociology and psychology it can get a bit repetitive because there is quite a lot of it in the modules. It surprised me how much i'd remembered from A levels though because i took a gap year. Some people have said they find some of it boring. Not everyone does A levels so they just teach a base knowledge for everyone, but you get to choose your modules in the second and third year depending on which route you want to take.

Timetable wise there is about 8 hours contact time a week, which is nothing compared to some other courses. But this year i've had some horrible times for lectures and seminars. The earliest lecture i have is 9, if you go out the night before it is a bit of struggle. I've also got a 6-7pm once a fortnight, which i don't like but just have to get on with. The timetable could be completely different for you next year though. Your just expected to attend everything on your timetable.

Sorry for the essay response :colondollar:

Anything else just ask.
Reply 262
Original post by Swimmer
In what halls do you live? and how is it?

Gordon House. It's not uni owned but it's uni managed

It's ok, it is definitely one of the cheapest. It's about 10-15 min walk from the uni. There's cctv, and you need an electronic fob to get in so it is quite safe.

Where are you thinking of staying?
Reply 263
Original post by c.o17197
I've had an unconditional for ages too and i still haven't received a letter or the welcome pack or anything.. thought it was only me!

haha, thought they would have sent a letter congratulating you or something! lol
i've got an unconditional for the same course :smile:!!

Original post by bexo
hello :smile: I have an unconditional offer for psychology and sociology :smile:

anyone thinking of staying in hampden halls??

:biggrin:

I am doing psychology with sports studies, and want to go to hampden halls too! :smile:
Reply 265
Original post by ManU_18
Gordon House. It's not uni owned but it's uni managed

It's ok, it is definitely one of the cheapest. It's about 10-15 min walk from the uni. There's cctv, and you need an electronic fob to get in so it is quite safe.

Where are you thinking of staying?

Norton Court, what you reckon?
Reply 266
Original post by Stephhcharlene
I am doing psychology with sports studies, and want to go to hampden halls too! :smile:

oooo, is nottingham trent your firm? we will defintely bump into each other then haha! might be flat mates haha! im getting excited :biggrin: x
Reply 267
i've got an unconditional for the same course :smile:!!

ooo cool! are you thinking of going to nottingham trent then?

if you are what accommodation are you looking at? x
Reply 268
Original post by Swimmer
Norton Court, what you reckon?

There's quite a few people from my course living there this year, they seem to really like it. It's quite far out from the uni but i think meridan and norton court get free bus passes, not certain about that though.

If thats where you want to stay good luck to you, when booking opens all accommodation goes really quick, so fingers crossed you get it.
Reply 269
Original post by bexo
ooo cool! are you thinking of going to nottingham trent then?

if you are what accommodation are you looking at? x

yeah I've firmed my place, i think I'm going to gill street, went to see those halls on the open day and they were so nice and a stones throw from the uni. Is trent your first choice?
Reply 270
yeah I've firmed my place, i think I'm going to gill street, went to see those halls on the open day and they were so nice and a stones throw from the uni. Is trent your first choice?

ooo i looked at gill street on the internet and it looks so nice!

and i think it's my first choice yeah :smile: got an open day next week so will hopefully decide then! i went and had a look at it last weekend too, to be nosy and i loved it :biggrin:

im guessing you're on a gap year then?

:biggrin:
Reply 271
I'm wanting to stay at Gill Street, anyone else? :smile:
I've heard Gill Street is very oversubscribed, so you'd better get in there quick.
Reply 273
I've got a unconditional offer, LLB Law, looking to stay in Hampden! Heard we can book accommodation April??? Cant wait to hit up Stealth, lets just hope i find some people to go down with! :smile:
Reply 274
Original post by jelly1000
I've heard Gill Street is very oversubscribed, so you'd better get in there quick.

Yeah Gill Streets the most poular I think but you cant book until April so I guess its just luck.
My friend spent 3 hours trying to book his accomodation last year
Original post by oliviaL
Yeah Gill Streets the most poular I think but you cant book until April so I guess its just luck.
My friend spent 3 hours trying to book his accomodation last year

3 hours:eek: for the unis i applied to last year it didnt take that long (leeds & birmingham btw)
Reply 276
Original post by edbanger
I've got a unconditional offer, LLB Law, looking to stay in Hampden! Heard we can book accommodation April??? Cant wait to hit up Stealth, lets just hope i find some people to go down with! :smile:

LLB Law here too! :biggrin:
Reply 277
By the way, how many do we apply too? Like do we get a first choice and a second choice? or just one?
Reply 278
Well when my friend applied he said they told people the day when booking started and basically everyone booked that day so the website was packed.
He said that he had to go on it then you choose where you want and what floor then the room but everytime he tried to click the button to book it someone got through just before him You just do this until you get a place, will probably be a stressful day haha
Reply 279
Just to let you all know we can start applying for student finance from March 16th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending