The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fas
studying this too , how far are you into it ?

chapter 1 about to finish with flow diagrams, kinda just started lol
Reply 2921
Original post by Robbie242

Leon Trotsky picture! I'm doing the Bolshevik takeover for my history coursework and he seems a very intelligent man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha same , just completed chapter 1 - SO boring but also SO easy
Reply 2923
got my kitchen stuff packed, and bought a few new things including a some thick jumpers/ cardigans, pair of converse and a lovely jacket.

Tomorrow it'll be 10 days until I go :eek:
Original post by Ndella
Leon Trotsky picture! I'm doing the Bolshevik takeover for my history coursework and he seems a very intelligent man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome, I learnt loads about him and the MRC when I did Russia for my AS exam last year :smile:

He organised the revolution - I think he definitely deserves more credit than Lenin got for some of the Bolshevik developments
Reply 2925
Oh awesome, I learnt loads about him and the MRC when I did Russia for my AS exam last year :smile:

He organised the revolution - I think he definitely deserves more credit than Lenin got for some of the Bolshevik developments

I agree, I think he had better leadership qualities than Lenin.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Still :rolleyes:

Which science A2s?

I used to read those comics with the tiger :biggrin: Amazing!
Original post by Fas
hahaha same , just completed chapter 1 - SO boring but also SO easy

You self-studying AS FM?
Original post by Ndella

Eh? Trotsky had a penchant for alienating people.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You self-studying AS FM?

yep , you too im guessing ?
After talking to teachers today, I think I'm gonna have a go at applying to Oxford... :redface: Not gonna get my hopes up though :tongue:
Original post by Ndella

He had virtually no support from within his own party , alienated people with his high level of intelligence.

However his organisation and command of the Red Army during the Civil War was phenomenally good , hence you could argue he is a war leader but not the leader of a country.
Original post by usycool1
After talking to teachers today, I think I'm gonna have a go at applying to Oxford... :redface: Not gonna get my hopes up though :tongue:

Ooh nice. Like the course there?
Original post by keromedic
Ooh nice. Like the course there?

Love it, it looks awesome :tongue:

What about it specifically. I should understand, I'm a medic :smile:
Reply 2935
Original post by Endless Blue
Eh? Trotsky had a penchant for alienating people.

Though that may be true, Lenin pretty much dictated his demands in his April Theses. But I haven't really focused on Trotsky much, just an overall conclusion of his character.

(Probably a stupid question) but have you got top notch GCSEs? I think the average is something like 90% A* :eek:
Original post by Fas
yep , you too im guessing ?

Nah I did it last year :tongue:, but I'm going over some A2 stuff by myself
(Probably a stupid question) but have you got top notch GCSEs? I think the average is something like 90% A* :eek:

90% based on 11 right? What if you've done 20+?

90% based on 11 right? What if you've done 20+?

From what I have heard, they are actually placing a bit more emphasis on raw number of A*s too this year and not just percentage. :yep:

What about it specifically. I should understand, I'm a medic :smile:

For a start, they're traditional rather than PBL. :tongue: There are also good research opportunities too, and the place in general looks like quite a nice place.

I'm not going to apply with high hopes though...just being told that I should consider has made me happy enough tbh! But you never know, there is a chance so I'm gonna give it a go. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest