Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    UBS interview; any surprise questions? Or just the standard competency ones? It is for IBD.

ReputationRep:
    Any one in the situation where you applied to MS Real Estate Investment Management over a week ago and yet to hear anything in terms of test being sent etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi_nayak1)
    what division is this for? I only had to do a logical and numerical for them (which they have said I have passed) but havent heard anything since. (I applied for strategic consulting btw)
    Yeah I had to do those first - then had to do the big one after. The questions are short so it takes about 30min but very repetitive.

This was for BRS in Deals (London).

ReputationRep:
    Guys do banks care about your tests score, provided you pass? Can a low pass jeopardize you? For example UBS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A12R34)
    Yeah I had to do those first - then had to do the big one after. The questions are short so it takes about 30min but very repetitive.

This was for BRS in Deals (London).

How long did it take for you to receive the invitation for the long one after passing the initial tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi_nayak1)
    How long did it take for you to receive the invitation for the long one after passing the initial tests?
    It didn't - I was given them all together but had to do that one last.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the first Barclays test and not heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A12R34)
    It didn't - I was given them all together but had to do that one last.
    weird that's what i was expecting... hope they havent screwed it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyman123)
    Anyone done the first Barclays test and not heard back?
    Yeah and I did mine like 2 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Hey really need help guys.

Basically, I just completed one week work experience at Barclays in Corporate banking. Although I enjoyed it, I still want to go into investment banking. Pretty much, everyone liked me (not too be too cocky) and I got everyones business cards there. Anyway, the last woman I saw today is a VP and she really wants me to intern there.

Now, here is the problem. I have already submitted an application to IB for Barclays, do you reckon I should pull that and try for corporate banking. The woman also said if I have any trouble to also email her. This way next year when I go to UCL (currently at Birmingham) to do a finance masters, I will be a better position to apply for summer internship in IB after I graduate. Surely an internship this year in corporate is better than nothing?

Opinions please. Thanks
    Go for Corporate Banking at Barclays. If get IBD somewhere else, go with that. If not, go with CB at Barclays. Then try for IBD next year and hopefully have a full-time offer in the bag for CB at Barclays as back-up.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help - I was doing the PwC online tests and my browser just crashed. I opened it again and it was fine and I just started from the beginning. Will PwC see that it was closed and think I did the test twice??

So worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmeinlife)
    Someone please help - I was doing the PwC online tests and my browser just crashed. I opened it again and it was fine and I just started from the beginning. Will PwC see that it was closed and think I did the test twice??

So worried
    As the test was not submitted the first time around, PwC is not likely to find out that this happened. The advantage of using external testing companies is that firms only receive the completed tests that accompany each person's applications.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any experience with HSBC phone interviews (GB&M)?

ReputationRep:
    Have a UBS S&T telephone interview, any idea what to expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPEStudent2307)
    As the test was not submitted the first time around, PwC is not likely to find out that this happened. The advantage of using external testing companies is that firms only receive the completed tests that accompany each person's applications.
    Thank you so much <3

Been trying to find this out but do you/anyone know which firms don't use the tests? So far I only know Goldman and JP Morgan. Are there any other banks/consultancies that don't?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone just received this email from JPM?

"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)

"Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you."
    Got it a few days ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deltasierra27)

Got that on Monday. I'm not expecting a response for a good while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    Got it a few days ago
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevenGRogers)
    Got that on Monday. I'm not expecting a response for a good while
    When did you apply?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.