The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bruhbruhbruh
Anyone heard back from queen mary ? 5 year graduate that is

I got an email today asking for further information.
They asked why it took me more than 3years to complete my degree and for a copy of my transcript.
oh god I can feel my heart beating out of my chest reading all of these - I got a lower UKCAT than @Quilverine and also submitted an employer reference like @GradMed1234 and I haven't been contacted!! Its nearly 11pm and I'm still refreshing my emails.. This is getting silly now!
Same here! The wait is killing. I just wanna be put out of my misery lol

Every break i get at work i just refresh my emails every 30 seconds
On the apply.kcl website, does anyone else have
"English language
I'd like to add the English Language information* Yes No "
at the bottom of the application page?
Oh my life. So I have a ucas number that's about 10 years old, so they could be going through by application number?
Original post by Alexdaman93
On the apply.kcl website, does anyone else have
"English language
I'd like to add the English Language information* Yes No "
at the bottom of the application page?

Yes i do aswell. Ive just ignored it. If it is serious they will send an email.
Reply 3286
Hey has anyone applied with the previous years GAMSAT before? Have a horrible feeling I've missed something.

emailed the gamsat address at UCAS and Swansea my scores from last year (Swansea asked). Did anyone send their scores directly to universities that didn't ask for them or did they just trust UCAS would sort it out?
Hey everyone,

This wait is terrifying!
Was just going to ask the people who have applied to kings, did you receive log in details to a portal? I haven't got anything and starting to worry! Looked everywhere on the website and can't find a contact email! was there one on the emails you got sent my KCL at all?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by hharman19
Hey everyone,

This wait is terrifying!
Was just going to ask the people who have applied to kings, did you receive log in details to a portal? I haven't got anything and starting to worry! Looked everywhere on the website and can't find a contact email! was there one on the emails you got sent my KCL at all?

Thanks in advance!

I had a similar problem. go to their school of medicine page and call admissions. I just explained to them that I hadn't received login details and they said there was nothing wrong with my application and sometimes it happens, and then forwarded me my login details.
Reply 3289
Original post by Marathi
For those who may be unaware if you wish to apply to Swansea GEM with a 2.2 degree and a masters you will need to achieve a merit or distinction in your masters degree.

The pressure to perform is on for me now!

Sine when? Their website says just a Masters (as long as it's a proper masters, not one integrated with a BSc).
Original post by Googy
Sine when? Their website says just a Masters (as long as it's a proper masters, not one integrated with a BSc).
I contacted them about it recently, see screenshot. I also recommended that this should be clearer on the website as it's unfair for people with a pass to think they can apply through the way it's worded.

image.png
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3291
Original post by Marathi
I contacted them about it recently, see screenshot. I also recommended that this should be clearer on the website as it's unfair for people with a pass to think they can apply through the way it's worded.

image.png

Nevermind clear on the website, it specifically says the opposite. Will be moaning at them repeatedly if they reject me for not meeting entry requirements.

That said I might still get a Merit, MRes results only come out end of next week and based on all my other coursework scores my degree classification will be whatever my dissertation score is.
Original post by Googy
Nevermind clear on the website, it specifically says the opposite. Will be moaning at them repeatedly if they reject me for not meeting entry requirements.

That said I might still get a Merit, MRes results only come out end of next week and based on all my other coursework scores my degree classification will be whatever my dissertation score is.

Damn, I hope they don't mess you around with it! Hopefully you get the merit anyway, but yea the website doesn't make a lot of sense. As it states it's required for an intercalated undergrad masters, but not for a standalone one...
Hi everyone, new to TSR here, I just wanted to ask, is it me not looking hard enough or on the Kings website is there nowhere that says specifically that psychology degrees, in particular clinical psychology undergrad degrees are not eligible for a competitive place on the 4 year GEM course?
Reply 3294
Original post by Newnortherner
Hi everyone, new to TSR here, I just wanted to ask, is it me not looking hard enough or on the Kings website is there nowhere that says specifically that psychology degrees, in particular clinical psychology undergrad degrees are not eligible for a competitive place on the 4 year GEM course?

I'd assume it's a BSc rather than a BA so should be fine from that perspective however others have said that at least 50% of the degree must be chemistry so I'd email to check what their definition of "Science" is (e.g. someone applied with a BSc in engineering and was told it wasn't considered a science subject for this purpose).
I emailed them and they said psychology does not have enough chemistry content to be considered as a science degree for their GEM course.I pointed out to them that this is not clear on their website. I doubt whether your degree being clinical will have any bearing. You could email them too.
Anyone know if pharmacy (MPharm) is considered a masters or not ?
Just got an email from Southampton saying they have not received my UKCAT score and could I provide my UKCAT ID to them!

WAAAAT.

Has anyone else had this? I was sure I did the whole UCAS number thing correctly on the UKCAT website (I applied through UCAS for my first degree ages ago, so my UCAS PID and UCAS Track number were the same).

Anyway, I've responded by email... now just waiting patiently (and stressing slightly that the same thing will have happened to my other UKCAT option, Newcastle).
Has anyone submitted an OPEN application to Cambridge? UCAS just sent me an email saying that something has changed for one of my applications and it was the change from open to L (Lucy Cavendish). Got the shock of my life for nothing I guess?
Reply 3299
yes, i made an open application and my status changed to L too. but what does that mean?
does cambridge consider open applications first separately, and if passed, they assign you to a college? or it means that the college will check now my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending