Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    Everyone doing citi tests on a sunday? I thought they screened first before they send them out? Did you get them today or what?
    Got mine on Friday evening. Not sure about everyone else, but I would assume that they also got them from last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Yes, the practice one doesn't adjust to whether you answer the question correctly. It is a fixed test. In the real test, the more correct answers you give, the harder it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Harder in what sense? More information to digest or making the calculations harder? Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda12)
    On a serious note, you have to know that to pass Citi you have to be able to find the information you need very quickly as most of it is normally useless. The test is designed to try and distract you so you have to practice to shut that out; and when I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough. When you have the information the actual maths is very simple and similar to normal SHL. Just my tip to those who have yet to take it.
    "I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough." - What sort of preparation would you recommend then?

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, you have to know that to pass Citi you have to be able to find the information you need very quickly as most of it is normally useless. The test is designed to try and distract you so you have to practice to shut that out; and when I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough. When you have the information the actual maths is very simple and similar to normal SHL. Just my tip to those who have yet to take it.
    Yeah this is very true. I did about 8 practice tests and got in the top 20% on all of them, but just completely flunked the real thing.. Does anybody have any idea what the pass boundary is? I think I've got 5 or 6 max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Yeah this is very true. I did about 8 practice tests and got in the top 20% on all of them, but just completely flunked the real thing.. Does anybody have any idea what the pass boundary is? I think I've got 5 or 6 max.
    Where did you get 8 Talent Q practise papers from??

ReputationRep:
    Man I was quite sure that I completely flunked it and I passed. Don't forget that questions get harder as you answered right the ones before.I will do my Nomura tests tomorrow and well... I will be done with my applications with a few frustrative rejections so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    "I mean practice doing the one on talent Q's website and a few other is not enough." - What sort of preparation would you recommend then?
    I would suggest at least 15 practice tests on sites like assessment day to increase your ability to identify information and to make quick calulations. I would also say that you would need to be consistently getting in the 90th percentile on those practice tests to be ready. People think you can do like a few and be ok, but you would have to be extremely good at maths to be able to get away with that. For most people I would also suggest only using the talent q practice test as a way to see what the layout of the questions would be. Do not expect the difficulty level to be the same as that test as it does not adapt to how many you get right.

And even after all that you could end up failing because this test can be a *****, especially if it's your first time taking it; so don't be disheartened if that's the case. But give yourselves the best chance to pass by ensuring you get a lot of practice in.

ReputationRep:
    Mate it depends on how many you got right in a row, for example if you followed a pattern of 1 right and 1 wrong then it could be right on the limit of passing, but if you got like 3 right in a row and then started to get some wrong you may end up passing with a 6-7 out of 12 as the difficulty of your questions would have been on a much higher level. No one actually knows the pass rate. Just for reference, I did the same test last year for McKinsey and got like 6 in a row right, then probably the next 5 wrong and then the last one right; I ended up passing this test.

ReputationRep:
    Doing my Nomura test, clicked on next question half way through and the screen went blank and says IBM. Any ideas what I should do?

I've now got error code 00003, wonderful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done BNP's tests? wtf is Cut-E? Can't these Frenchies do anything in the normal way?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest at least 15 practice tests on sites like assessment day to increase your ability to identify information and to make quick calulations. I would also say that you would need to be consistently getting in the 90th percentile on those practice tests to be ready. People think you can do like a few and be ok, but you would have to be extremely good at maths to be able to get away with that. For most people I would also suggest only using the talent q practice test as a way to see what the layout of the questions would be. Do not expect the difficulty level to be the same as that test as it does not adapt to how many you get right.

And even after all that you could end up failing because this test can be a *****, especially if it's your first time taking it; so don't be disheartened if that's the case. But give yourselves the best chance to pass by ensuring you get a lot of practice in.
    Yeah fair enough, Im hoping for the best. I do study maths at Oxford so it would be a bit embarrassing if I failed it.. I will do what you suggested thank you very much for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Doing my Nomura test, clicked on next question half way through and the screen went blank and says IBM. Any ideas what I should do?

I've now got error code 00003, wonderful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just email them, I'm sure it's logged on their system and they can reset the test. At least you've had some real time practice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to apply to Nomura given they've already hit first round (for Global Markets) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    Is it too late to apply to Nomura given they've already hit first round (for Global Markets) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it's September you be alright

ReputationRep:
    Do you know straight after if you failed Citi's test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate992)
    Do you know straight after if you failed Citi's test?
    nope, could be a couple of days after

ReputationRep:
    what is deadline to do BNPP tests after submission?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just apply mate, nobody really knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Anyone done BNP's tests? wtf is Cut-E? Can't these Frenchies do anything in the normal way?
    there are awkward number of questions to answer during very short time, sth like 40+q for 12m

ReputationRep:
    The problem with the Citi test...

The answers should be a simple click away....not a scroll down to find the answer.

Seriously silly test.

Citi -Just stick with SHL like the rest of 'em !

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.