Summer or Grad? IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    summer mkts, soz 4 double quote
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Summer or Grad? IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    If they have headcount/budget and you do well/your team like you, you'll get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    headcount as in the people who are there as interns? and budget as in if they are able to take on more interns as full time analysts?

and how do you exactly do WELL in your team because I though you would be going around different divisions ? I want to go into the IBD division, within m&a

ReputationRep:
    To the people who have applied to Fidelity - which division/ role have you applied for?

P.s- Their app is a long one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    headcount as in the people who are there as interns? and budget as in if they are able to take on more interns as full time analysts?

and how do you exactly do WELL in your team because I though you would be going around different divisions ? I want to go into the IBD division, within m&a
    Headcount as in if the team even requires an additional member and yes budget as in if they can afford you full time and have the business need for you to be there.

No you don't go around different divisions in internship, you just do IBD/Complience/Technology or whatever you've applied to

And you do well by being a boss and smashing every task they give you, showing initiative and pulling some decent hours and sorting all da top lads with coffee and lunch and stuff when they need it ... make em like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    To the people who have applied to Fidelity - which division/ role have you applied for?

P.s- Their app is a long one.
    What you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Headcount as in if the team even requires an additional member and yes budget as in if they can afford you full time and have the business need for you to be there.

No you don't go around different divisions in internship, you just do IBD/Complience/Technology or whatever you've applied to

And you do well by being a boss and smashing every task they give you, showing initiative and pulling some decent hours and sorting all da top lads with coffee and lunch and stuff when they need it ... make em like you
    Thanks!! US banks normally have the budget though because they employ nearly half of their interns

when do you find out? after the internship is finished or?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! US banks normally have the budget though because they employ nearly half of their interns

when do you find out? after the internship is finished or?
    Banks ain't broke but that specific team may not have the budget depending on the market conditions etc

Yeah either on last day or 1-2 weeks after depending on the bank

ReputationRep:
    What you applying for?
    PM'd you.

ReputationRep:
    Can you apply to MS IBD in both London and New York?
    And both IBD and S&T in London?

Ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedroby)
    Can you apply to MS IBD in both London and New York?
    And both IBD and S&T in London?

Ty
    Yh

ReputationRep:
    Banks ain't broke but that specific team may not have the budget depending on the market conditions etc

Yeah either on last day or 1-2 weeks after depending on the bank
    how do you react? do you just say thank you and leave?

ReputationRep:
    how do you react? do you just say thank you and leave?
    You must be so young to ask this kind of question. Not try to be mean.
    Btw, it's like your offer for internship, they will give you 2 weeks to think after send out the contract.
    And I'm from Cass, we are semi-target, still have good reputation. I know at least 10 people in my same year at FO BB, not to mention those who do master at Cass. Anw, you seem to make your choice already 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyIBer?)
    You must be so young to ask this kind of question. Not try to be mean.
    Btw, it's like your offer for internship, they will give you 2 weeks to think after send out the contract.
    And I'm from Cass, we are semi-target, still have good reputation. I know at least 10 people in my same year at FO BB, not to mention those who do master at Cass. Anw, you seem to make your choice already 😊

No, I meant because a lot of students won't get the offer so obviously you wouldnt want to upset them / make a big fuss
    I never said Cass was bad, its a semi target and a good business school BUT you still attend city university. KCL is a lot more reputable and studying maths at kcl imo is a lot better than finance at cass where they let people in with ABB/A*BC

ReputationRep:
    No, I meant because a lot of students won't get the offer so obviously you wouldnt want to upset them / make a big fuss
    I never said Cass was bad, its a semi target and a good business school BUT you still attend city university. KCL is a lot more reputable and studying maths at kcl imo is a lot better than finance at cass where they let people in with ABB/A*BC
    Ive really been trying to help but you're just looking at everything with the wrong mind set, im sure you will figure it out when the time comes haha

ReputationRep:
    Ive really been trying to help but you're just looking at everything with the wrong mind set, im sure you will figure it out when the time comes haha
    the wrong mindset? CASS is STILL CITY. It is a good business school but most of their grads end up in accounting. Yes, its semi-target but so is KCL.

and yes i get a lot of cass students get internships, you still dont get my point

ReputationRep:
    the wrong mindset? CASS is STILL CITY. It is a good business school but most of their grads end up in accounting. Yes, its semi-target but so is KCL.

and yes i get a lot of cass students get internships, you still dont get my point

You are right. We are still City and there is nothing wrong being in City, you know. I done internship in JPM, as u said American bank, everyone know Cass is Cass.

For the offer question, we all get inform, those successful or unsuccessful. Will have a formal feedback. Some people leave mid day after knowing they don't get the offer.

ReputationRep:
    You are right. We are still City and there is nothing wrong being in City, you know. I done internship in JPM, as u said American bank, everyone know Cass is Cass.

For the offer question, we all get inform, those successful or unsuccessful. Will have a formal feedback. Some people leave mid day after knowing they don't get the offer.
    I have just been saying that. City for me isn't good enough but good enough for you

Oh okay, do they tell people individually?

ReputationRep:
    I have just been saying that. City for me isn't good enough but good enough for you

Oh okay, do they tell people individually?
    Lol, did you finish your A level. You must be 17 or so to say it. Hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Lol, did you finish your A level. You must be 17 or so to say it. Hahahahaha
    Ok? do the courses at cass have a good level of maths?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.