Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coke_addict2010)
    Has anyone received an offer/rejection from White & Case post video interview?
    Nothing. Jumping everytime my email flashes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    I have a phone interview with them on Wednesday. Didn't get the call till Friday evening though !
    Congratulations! Did they call you? Ugh, my phone picked the wrong time to throw a tantrum. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD2015)
    Nothing. Jumping everytime my email flashes!
    Same! I'm pretty sure I've been rejected though. My video interview was disastrous. I would like some closure though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKRP11)
    congrats ! Still haven't heard back post-interview, almost three weeks ago. How did they contact you? Email or phone?
    They contacted me via email about a week after my interview. I interviewed on 22nd January

ReputationRep:
    SIDLEY AUSTIN? - They started interviewing last year at the end of Jan - Ive heard nothing from them since I submitted by App on 15th December

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be really no point in emailing for an update - Done so with Macfarlanes and White & Case now and just been fobbed off with the standard 'volume of applications'.

The email for White & Case mentioned 'contacting them if your circumstances changed' which is pretty much what I was doing..

ReputationRep:
    @coke_addict, I'm waiting on white & case post-video, and also jumping every time I get an email!! I'm sure your video went better than you think though

@Skkkk, as for Sidley Austin, I think you're doing well because they sent out a first wave of rejections last week, including me, so be glad you survived that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    SIDLEY AUSTIN? - They started interviewing last year at the end of Jan - Ive heard nothing from them since I submitted by App on 15th December
    Doing better than me, I was rejected on Tuesday! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    There seems to be really no point in emailing for an update - Done so with Macfarlanes and White & Case now and just been fobbed off with the standard 'volume of applications'.

The email for White & Case mentioned 'contacting them if your circumstances changed' which is pretty much what I was doing..
    I've had that response too when I've emailed firms - or it's the "we are still processing applications you will be contacted in due course" despite having applied nearly 3 months ago and people have been interviewed who applied after me and other people who emailed them received a PFO.... I just want to be told whether I need to move them to my PFO folder or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    @coke_addict, I'm waiting on white & case post-video, and also jumping every time I get an email!! I'm sure your video went better than you think though

@Skkkk, as for Sidley Austin, I think you're doing well because they sent out a first wave of rejections last week, including me, so be glad you survived that!
    I did a vac scheme at white & case last year - PM me if you get it - its a tough one lol

ReputationRep:
    Is that what they told you?

(Original post by twizzzzzzter)
    Expect a response "within the next week"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    I did a vac scheme at white & case last year - PM me if you get it - its a tough one lol
    Hahaha thanks for the heads up!!! How so? I'd love to get in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Hahaha thanks for the heads up!!! How so? I'd love to get in there.
    I didn't get in - but I was close. Its was a very jam packed 2 weeks. They expect A LOT from you. It was far more intense than I though a vac scheme would ever be.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the eversheds telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coke_addict2010)
    Same! I'm pretty sure I've been rejected though. My video interview was disastrous. I would like some closure though...
    Mine went the same. First time doing a video interview and found the whole thing unnerving and went blank. Frustrating as I know I perform well in person. I just want the PFO at this stage so I can cross them off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cristocracy)
    No updates from RPC or Taylor Wessing yet, anyone heard from either since applying?
    Have only seen one TW AC and offer on this forum a couple of weeks ago - everyone else seems to be waiting, including me. I assume if ACs have been held, as you might think looking at the dates they give on the website, then a PFO awaits those who haven't heard, but who knows until it happens I guess. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Interview with Morrison & Foerster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    I've had that response too when I've emailed firms - or it's the "we are still processing applications you will be contacted in due course" despite having applied nearly 3 months ago and people have been interviewed who applied after me and other people who emailed them received a PFO.... I just want to be told whether I need to move them to my PFO folder or not
    Linklaters is the last firm I'm waiting for so I just want to know whether I can be done with the vac scheme application process (aside from an unnamed firm which I'm trying to chase up my outcome and expenses from post-interview...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Anyone done the eversheds telephone interview?
    I did it for TCs last year. For me, it was very competency focused with a little bit on why Eversheds. Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Linklaters is the last firm I'm waiting for so I just want to know whether I can be done with the vac scheme application process (aside from an unnamed firm which I'm trying to chase up my outcome and expenses from post-interview...)
    I know what you mean - although I have a number of deadlines this week and 2 in March - this process seems to never end! Congrats on your offers though - they are very good firms!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.