Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushyD)
    Don't know any of f215 and need to revise for my business exam tomorrow as well. Shiiiiiiiiitttttttt ..... business is more important but I cant afford to flop bio, got a B grade and potentially an A on the line
    you don't know anything at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beni24)
    which paper is this from again?
    its on the cellular control section of thebiotutor.com question 1b.

ReputationRep:
    Epistasis makes me want to cry and stab myself repeatedly with a fork why does it exist

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a summary of grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplecloud)
    the jan 2012 paper was so hard and its 68 for an A like wtf
    Whaat? I was thinking the opposite, that's one of the only papers i can actually do decent...There were like 3 big questions with fill in the gaps lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey7695)
    you don't know anything at all?
    I could probably get 20/100 with my current knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_mahoney)
    Epistasis makes me want to cry and stab myself repeatedly with a fork why does it exist
    To mask that behaviour LOL

ReputationRep:
    2 hour exam woooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    i can get all the other questions right but i can never get this right, i cant see where i am going wrong. can someone explain this to me?

Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. Onestrain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains werecrossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred toproduce F2 plants with the following colours:

red 62
    pink 131
    white 67

The following hypothesis was proposed:Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.
    (b) Complete the genetic diagram to explain this cross.

Use the following symbols to represent the alleles:Cr= red, Cw= white

Parental phenotypes: red flowers x white flowers

Parental genotypes: ................................ .... ................................ ........ Red: CrCr White: CwCw

Gametes: ................................ .... ................................ ........ Red: Cr White: Cw

F1 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ .All CrCw

.F1 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................
    All are pink
    Gametes: ................................ ................................ ................................ ........ Cr or Cw

F2 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ .. CrCr, 2x CrCw or CwCw

F2 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................
    Red: Pink : White
    Expected F2 phenotypic ratio:......1:2:1............................... ................................ ....
    Tried to answer this the best I could, hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    how do you work out 1cii on the june 2012 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Learning the steps of sequencing a genome... So so screwwwed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As last years paper had a bit about cloning frogs, is it unlikely that animal cloning will come up?

ReputationRep:
    with sequencing the genome in the ocr book there seems to be 2 ways to do it. one using BACS and the other using labelled nucleotides etc a couple of pages ahead. if a question were to come up about sequencing the genome which one would i use

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any of module 2 or 4 aha seriously want to die

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of all the different advantages and disadvantages we need to know for the different topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBlad)
    Tried to answer this the best I could, hope this helps!
    Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you predict phenotype ratios involving epistasis?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any tips for conservation and ecosystems and plant hormones and animal behavior cannot get my head round them

ReputationRep:
    chances of animal behaviour coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow for the final exam Here is my playlist for the unit:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...27f6RKtTrQEjrK

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.