The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Joshc93
I'm a lifegueard

What's payment like?
How did you become one? Obligated to do a course or some ********?
network guys! it's not what you know these days, it's WHO you know. Ask your parent's friends and local extended family if they know of any work needing doing
Nothing so far, have been trying temp agencies though... :frown: Everyone complaining about working hard in a shop for little money can gladly trade places with me if they like!
Reply 23
By working. :smile:
Reply 24
ebay. working. looking out for bar/seasonal work.
Working in greggs. Makes me want the hols to go quick, cant wait to get back to uni!
Reply 26
Being my uncles slave here and there, got a couple people I garden for too, salright.
georgie-rose
network guys! it's not what you know these days, it's WHO you know. Ask your parent's friends and local extended family if they know of any work needing doing

Exactly.

Use your circle of friends; they can either give you a job, point out a vacancy or recommend you for a job.

Plus how many cv's have you given out?
Because apparently, on average, for something like every 500 cv's you hand out, youmight get 5 interviews and possibly 1 job.
(...can't quite remember the exact figures).

So give out lots of cv's. It's the only way.
Nothing. I didn't even look for a job in this ****-hole town this summer; I've had two summers of disappointment already. Doing volunteering instead.
I would gladly work in some crappy place for crappy pay! It would be better than watching my bank balance plummet.
Reply 29
Get a job man. The only place I could find was working in an insurance firms kitchens which sucks but its money plus lunch is free and the people are cool :wink:
Reply 30
Get a job man. The only place I could find was working in an insurance firms kitchens which sucks but its money plus lunch is free and the people are cool :wink:
I give 11+ tuition to kids
I let perverts kiss my feet for money
Reply 33
Bit of work here and there .. whenever they need me and selling every random thing on ebay. I've given up looking for a second job, theres just nothing.
ace_uchiha
I'm working! :angry:
But by the end of the summer I would've made about $4600 in cash!! :biggrin:
...more than likely more though!

I was going to show off about getting paid £1500 a month 'til september but you kinda kicked my idea in the nuts :sigh:
I'm not, hence why I am learning how to gamble.
the old fashioned way of streetwalking :wink2:
With a job.
Babysitting. £5/hour to watch TV essentially. Twice a week for 5 hours.
:cool:
Reply 39
Teaching young kids some maths and english.

Latest

Trending

Trending