Turn on thread page Beta

How are people makig some extra cash this summer?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshc93)
    I'm a lifegueard
    What's payment like?
    How did you become one? Obligated to do a course or some ********?

ReputationRep:
    network guys! it's not what you know these days, it's WHO you know. Ask your parent's friends and local extended family if they know of any work needing doing

ReputationRep:
    Nothing so far, have been trying temp agencies though... Everyone complaining about working hard in a shop for little money can gladly trade places with me if they like!

ReputationRep:
    By working.

ReputationRep:
    ebay. working. looking out for bar/seasonal work.

ReputationRep:
    Working in greggs. Makes me want the hols to go quick, cant wait to get back to uni!

ReputationRep:
    Being my uncles slave here and there, got a couple people I garden for too, salright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    network guys! it's not what you know these days, it's WHO you know. Ask your parent's friends and local extended family if they know of any work needing doing
    Exactly.

Use your circle of friends; they can either give you a job, point out a vacancy or recommend you for a job.

Plus how many cv's have you given out?
    Because apparently, on average, for something like every 500 cv's you hand out, youmight get 5 interviews and possibly 1 job.
    (...can't quite remember the exact figures).

So give out lots of cv's. It's the only way.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I didn't even look for a job in this ****-hole town this summer; I've had two summers of disappointment already. Doing volunteering instead.
    I would gladly work in some crappy place for crappy pay! It would be better than watching my bank balance plummet.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job man. The only place I could find was working in an insurance firms kitchens which sucks but its money plus lunch is free and the people are cool

ReputationRep:
    Get a job man. The only place I could find was working in an insurance firms kitchens which sucks but its money plus lunch is free and the people are cool

ReputationRep:
    I give 11+ tuition to kids

ReputationRep:
    I let perverts kiss my feet for money

ReputationRep:
    Bit of work here and there .. whenever they need me and selling every random thing on ebay. I've given up looking for a second job, theres just nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_uchiha)
    I'm working!
    But by the end of the summer I would've made about $4600 in cash!!
    ...more than likely more though!
    I was going to show off about getting paid £1500 a month 'til september but you kinda kicked my idea in the nuts :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, hence why I am learning how to gamble.

ReputationRep:
    the old fashioned way of streetwalking :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    With a job.

ReputationRep:
    Babysitting. £5/hour to watch TV essentially. Twice a week for 5 hours.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Teaching young kids some maths and english.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.