The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a checklist for everything in the Britain and Germany topics which we could get questions on? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Thought i would start this off, really worried about History this year :confused:
Same here, I have no idea how I'm gonna remember everything. Especially with maths the day before. :/ What topics are you doing?
Any predictions for Century of Revolutions or American Revolution for paper one, or Migration for paper two?
(edited 9 years ago)
My teacher predicted Hitler rise to power for germany and possibly a woman essay for britain
Reply 25
Original post by EllaGwenn
Does anyone have a checklist for everything in the Britain and Germany topics which we could get questions on? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have this for germany ps my teacher thinks 1,3 and 5 might come up
Reply 26
For Britain this:
How democracy
No liberals
Women and
Labour.

Although if liberals do come up it'll likely be why
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not sure if it'll be the same for those topics, but for Crusades and Slave Trade I'm pretty sure the essays will be 1,3 and 5. And if not 5 then essay 4.
Hey guys

Got Higher history next week, and struggling for Historiography on the Cold War Topic. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any they could send me. Also, I thought this could be a good thread for people so specifically share historiography as well rather than in the cluttered official thread. Cheers
<p>I don't do those topics (I'm USA 1918-1968 and Atlantic Slave Trade) but we've been predicting issues 1, 3 and then either 5 or 6. It's quite unusual for the USA to come up with no civil rights questions, and my teacher said that the Atlantic Slave Trade should probably have abolition questions (5 &amp; 6) and that it would be a strange exam if it didn't.</p><p>I do the Scottish Wars of Independence 1286-1328 for Paper 2 and almost anything could come up. It's this one that terrifies me the most. And I'm not going to have a massive amount of time to study because maths is the day before. Aaaaahhhh, I have the fear :eek:</p>
I'm pretty worried for history too. Only because higher maths is the day before and I feel I need to focus more on maths...

How do you guys feel your extended essays went?
Original post by clannem
I have this for germany ps my teacher thinks 1,3 and 5 might come up

Thanks so much!
Original post by arcticcmonkeys
I'm pretty worried for history too. Only because higher maths is the day before and I feel I need to focus more on maths...

How do you guys feel your extended essays went?

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm dedicating the weekend to history and maths. I'm only planning on learning at most four of the essays for each topic. Paper 2 is a different issue all together...

I got extra time and a laptop for my essay, so I managed to get everything I wanted to say written down. I'm pretty impressed that I actually managed to remember all my KU just from my plan as well.

How's everything going for you? I have no idea how I'm going to be able to revise enough for both maths and history. :/
Reply 33
Has anyone got any predictions? or has your teacher give you any?
Original post by GoldenAge
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm dedicating the weekend to history and maths. I'm only planning on learning at most four of the essays for each topic. Paper 2 is a different issue all together...

I got extra time and a laptop for my essay, so I managed to get everything I wanted to say written down. I'm pretty impressed that I actually managed to remember all my KU just from my plan as well.

How's everything going for you? I have no idea how I'm going to be able to revise enough for both maths and history. :/

So am I, definitely! I'm going to focus on the liberal reforms for Britain and the Nazi party for the Germany topic - questions come up for them every year, so as long as you focus on all aspects you'll get an essay question! Paper 2 is what I'm most comfortable with, do you do migration and empire or something else?

That's great, well done! Mines went pretty well, was happy with it by the end :smile:

Tell me about it, it's so stressful :frown: I wish history was a bit later, but what can you do...
Reply 35
I do the Britain, Germany and Migration and Empire topics and my teachers predictions seem probable but I'm so worried that I'll revise them and they won't come up! Also, my extended essay went so well, I managed to write 14 pages and even left well over half an hour early!
Reply 36
So am I, definitely! I'm going to focus on the liberal reforms for Britain and the Nazi party for the Germany topic - questions come up for them every year, so as long as you focus on all aspects you'll get an essay question! Paper 2 is what I'm most comfortable with, do you do migration and empire or something else?

That's great, well done! Mines went pretty well, was happy with it by the end :smile:

Tell me about it, it's so stressful :frown: I wish history was a bit later, but what can you do...

I do all of those topics. My teacher said they might not do any liberals this year? Because they've done liberals and democracy every year and the one time democracy didn't come up there was a lot of complaining so they might be more reluctant to take out democracy. I'm focusing on women, how democracy and labour. Also, for Germany I'm doing the growth of nationalism (not come up since 2011 so very likely I think)and Rise of the Nazis
Original post by clannem
I do all of those topics. My teacher said they might not do any liberals this year? Because they've done liberals and democracy every year and the one time democracy didn't come up there was a lot of complaining so they might be more reluctant to take out democracy. I'm focusing on women, how democracy and labour. Also, for Germany I'm doing the growth of nationalism (not come up since 2011 so very likely I think)and Rise of the Nazis

My teacher was saying that they wouldn't take out the liberals because it's what most students go for and it would be likely the grades would be worse.. I'm not sure what to do now! I done democracy for my extended essay so I'm comfortable with that anyway :smile: As long as there's a Nazi question I'll be fine, it's the topic I'm most confident in for Germany. How is paper 2 for you?
Reply 38
My teacher was saying that they wouldn't take out the liberals because it's what most students go for and it would be likely the grades would be worse.. I'm not sure what to do now! I done democracy for my extended essay so I'm comfortable with that anyway :smile: As long as there's a Nazi question I'll be fine, it's the topic I'm most confident in for Germany. How is paper 2 for you?

I hope Nazi's come up! I can only do issue 1, 5 and 6 for Germany! Paper two isn't too bad, simple KU it's just my structure and how I pull out the correct parts of the source.How about you?
Original post by clannem
I hope Nazi's come up! I can only do issue 1, 5 and 6 for Germany! Paper two isn't too bad, simple KU it's just my structure and how I pull out the correct parts of the source.How about you?

So do I! I haven't even revised much for history yet, I feel like I need to focus on maths.. so much pressure for everything :frown: Yeah I like paper 2! I got 28/30 in the prelim so I hope I can pull that off again haha, what grade are you predicted/wanting for history? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending