The Student Room Group

I know this thread will be moved, but who else watched Child Genius?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I love this show! I've been watching it since it started, which I believe was last year.

It's great to see people like this... the future to be honest. It's really amazing to see what they can do at that age, and to think what they'll be able to do in the future. Also when they go into the backgrounds it amazes me, for example chess champions, studying A Level maths/undergraduate maths whilst having already completed GCSE maths etc... bloody hell!

What does annoy me though is the parents. Not all of them, but the odd few. I agree with pushing your child to achieve the absolute best that they can, but to constantly make them do X this hour and then Y that hour and Z that day must be annoying and pressurising. Saying that though, they've probably grown up with it and are used to it... something's telling me though that it could be beneficial to the child. Still, some of them parents are a pain whilst I'm surprised about some (such as the mother saying that she hopes her child doesn't win!).
Yup, Genius -.- :P
There's a thread for this in the TV shows subforum...

Quick Reply

Latest