The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophmole
did they submit their applications at the same time as you or was it before/ after? i'm sure there's still nothing to worry about :smile: are you predicted enough ucas points?
and yes definitely! what sort of accommodation were you thinking of staying in? because i really want to be staying somewhere with other freshers from bimm, that would be ideal :tongue:

We all sent them off at the same time, but they're all applying for art/fashion related courses. Well last year I had a double merit which is 160 ucas points, and I'm heading towards another merit this year which works out as 240 all together I think :smile:
I really want to stay at the student village because it's so close and cheap, although I did have my heart set on my own bathroom.. but if I was only sharing with 2 other people I don't think it would be too bad, but I'll have a look at wherever everyone else is looking :smile: how old are you by the way? :smile: just curious cause I'll be turning 21 a few days after the term starts, I'm a late starter to uni haha
Original post by georgiapedleyx
We all sent them off at the same time, but they're all applying for art/fashion related courses. Well last year I had a double merit which is 160 ucas points, and I'm heading towards another merit this year which works out as 240 all together I think :smile:
I really want to stay at the student village because it's so close and cheap, although I did have my heart set on my own bathroom.. but if I was only sharing with 2 other people I don't think it would be too bad, but I'll have a look at wherever everyone else is looking :smile: how old are you by the way? :smile: just curious cause I'll be turning 21 a few days after the term starts, I'm a late starter to uni haha

ohh right i see, well you'll have more than enough ucas points then so i can't see any reason why they wouldnt want to offer you a place:smile:
i was thinking of student village too, i've read a few bad reviews though which makes me a bit skeptical, still ages to think about accommodation though :smile:

aw i'm 18, i'm sure there's plenty of other late starters too though, i wasnt actually planning on going to uni til i was 19/20 but changed my mind last minute cos i'm so bored of living in my city ahahaha
ohh right i see, well you'll have more than enough ucas points then so i can't see any reason why they wouldnt want to offer you a place:smile:
i was thinking of student village too, i've read a few bad reviews though which makes me a bit skeptical, still ages to think about accommodation though :smile:

aw i'm 18, i'm sure there's plenty of other late starters too though, i wasnt actually planning on going to uni til i was 19/20 but changed my mind last minute cos i'm so bored of living in my city ahahaha

I hope so :smile: yeah, I'm more concerned about having a decent size room and a 3/4 or double bed haha.
yeah, I'm not too worried about being the oldest there to be honest, just curious lol.
got to be better than living in the Welsh valleys :frown:
I hope so :smile: yeah, I'm more concerned about having a decent size room and a 3/4 or double bed haha.
yeah, I'm not too worried about being the oldest there to be honest, just curious lol.

haha thats true! i'd love somewhere that has fast wi fi too :tongue:
wow, you live in the welsh valleys! manchester's gonna be a bit of a change then! have you been to any open days/ visits or anything before? :smile:
haha thats true! i'd love somewhere that has fast wi fi too :tongue:
wow, you live in the welsh valleys! manchester's gonna be a bit of a change then! have you been to any open days/ visits or anything before? :smile:

Yeah and me!
yeap, luckily I live quite close to Cardiff and work in Cardiff so I'm used to being in a city lol. Yeah, I came up on the 8th for an open day :smile: and I've been up twice before for a weekend and I'm going up in June to see the courteeners :smile:
Yeah and me!
yeap, luckily I live quite close to Cardiff and work in Cardiff so I'm used to being in a city lol. Yeah, I came up on the 8th for an open day :smile: and I've been up twice before for a weekend and I'm going up in June to see the courteeners :smile:

oh thats good, at least you'll be a bit familiar with the city then :smile: and i'm so jealous that you're going to see the courteeners :tongue:

must keep updated on when you receive offers! did you apply anywhere other than bimm?
oh thats good, at least you'll be a bit familiar with the city then :smile: and i'm so jealous that you're going to see the courteeners :tongue:

must keep updated on when you receive offers! did you apply anywhere other than bimm?

Yeah, the first time I came up to Manchester I fell in love lol,knew it was where I wanted to study straight away!
My favourite band! Will be the 4th time seeing them in a year! :smile:
Yes definitely! Do you know what the deal is with interviews etc? Or do they just send out offers?
yeah, I've applied for bimm in Bristol too for the same courses and also Cardiff met to do events management but I really don't want to go to Cardiff, was just a safe choice really :tongue:
Yeah, the first time I came up to Manchester I fell in love lol,knew it was where I wanted to study straight away!
My favourite band! Will be the 4th time seeing them in a year! :smile:
Yes definitely! Do you know what the deal is with interviews etc? Or do they just send out offers?
yeah, I've applied for bimm in Bristol too for the same courses and also Cardiff met to do events management but I really don't want to go to Cardiff, was just a safe choice really :tongue:

4th time in a year!! what!!! you lucky lucky person :tongue:

and as far as i know, for the events management/music biz courses they just give you an offer based off of your ucas application, i haven't spoken to anyone yet who had to go in for an interview :smile:
i'm just hoping that they don't keep us waiting TOO long, i am such an impatient person! the suspense is killing me :frown:
4th time in a year!! what!!! you lucky lucky person :tongue:

and as far as i know, for the events management/music biz courses they just give you an offer based off of your ucas application, i haven't spoken to anyone yet who had to go in for an interview :smile:
i'm just hoping that they don't keep us waiting TOO long, i am such an impatient person! the suspense is killing me :frown:

I know! Hoping that if I move to Manchester I'll get to go to LOADS more gigs, hardly anyone comes to Cardiff :frown:

Oh, I didn't know that! I thought we had to have an interview, now I really hope I get an offer haha
Reply 29
yeah i love it here, i'm so ready to move though! and Manchester is a brilliant city :smile:

oh right, lucky you! have you secured bimm as your firm choice then?

I'm ready to move! manchester is probably my second favourite city!

yeah, I've confirmed it now!
Reply 30
Hey!

I've applied for both Music Events Management and Music Business, sent off my application on Tuesday and haven't had an email or anything yet, just wondering how long they took to reply to all of you? So worried I won't hear anything and it's my first choice! Haha

Hi :smile:

I submitted mine in early November and didn't hear back while about 16/17th December! I was worried at first too, but they take a while hahah!
Reply 31

I'm 20 in november this year!
Original post by Staceeeey1
Hi :smile:

I submitted mine in early November and didn't hear back while about 16/17th December! I was worried at first too, but they take a while hahah!

Oh that's okay then! So scary sitting and waiting, really hoping I got accepted!
Original post by Staceeeey1
I'm 20 in november this year!

Ah cool! :smile: not the only late starter then! :smile:
I've accepted my offer to do Professional Musicianship (Guitar) at Manchester! :smile:

I'm looking at Student Village, Liberty point and Victoria point. I'm gonna go check them out sometime :smile:
Original post by Dillonski
I've accepted my offer to do Professional Musicianship (Guitar) at Manchester! :smile:

I'm looking at Student Village, Liberty point and Victoria point. I'm gonna go check them out sometime :smile:

Ah cool!
How long did it take for you to get a reply after applying?

Yeah Ive looked at all of them, Victoria point said it was only for MMU students though so not sure why. Think I'm going to stay at student village if I get accepted though :smile:
I got invited to a Guitar Assessment around a week after sending off my UCAS Application but it took just over a month for me to get an offer after that :smile: Can't wait!

Student Village will probably be where I stay but I'm gonna take a look around at them all :smile:
Reply 37
It took over a month for me to get an offer!

I've looked at student village, it looks really nice! I haven't really heard of any other student accommodation in Manchester to be honest!
think i am going to opt for parkway gate! has the best reviews from what i've seen :smile: 5 minute walk from bimm and rooms are ensuite which was my main priority haha :tongue:

the student village reviews put me off completely https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=manchester%20student%20village&lrd=0x487bb1ec741bdf91:0xdae31d109b6e783c,1
Reply 39
think i am going to opt for parkway gate! has the best reviews from what i've seen :smile: 5 minute walk from bimm and rooms are ensuite which was my main priority haha :tongue:

the student village reviews put me off completely https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=manchester%20student%20village&lrd=0x487bb1ec741bdf91:0xdae31d109b6e783c,1

Yep completely put me off now!! Going to start looking at others now!

Quick Reply

Latest