The Student Room Group

How long would you wait for your food to be served/prepared?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by XcitingStuart

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by kka25

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jeremy1988
Well, sit-down restaurants are often really slow if they're crowded. That's why I usually go to fast food restaurants and only go to sit-down restaurants if they're relatively empty and I have time to wait.

What I really hate with fast food is that whenever we order a burger with chicken at a drive-thru place... they always ask my mother to pull up to the parking lot and wait about 10 minutes for them to bring it out. They never have it ready when we come to the window. Sometimes they even forget you're there, and you have to go in and yell at them (which defeats the purpose of having a drive-thru in the first place). It didn't used to be that way, but I think they've cut down on staff and expanded the menus, so it's a natural result.

An hour is taking the piss. It doesn't matter if they are busy, 45 minutes at the most. And even then they not getting a tip and I will get the service charge taken off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being a waitress has given me an insight into this and I'd be indulgent. It depends if it's a busy day or not and the type of place where I'm eating. So 15+ for fast food and between 30 mins and 1h at a restaurant.
yesterday i had to wait ages to be served at W**tr*se while the woman tidied up her sliced ham.
Original post by kka25
I went to a kebab shop and the girl at the till said I'd need to wait 15 mins for her to prepare the kebab :eek:
Unless this is some fancy restaurant, then I may wait for that duration (even that I'd need to consider lol)

I said no thanks and I went for a fish and chip instead.

How long would you wait for your food to be served/prepared?

The only time I'd consider waiting longer than 10 minutes for fast food is for a cooked pizza. Kebab should be ready to go in 5 minutes.

Restaurant wise, target ticket times for a main course in a casual setting (family place, bar food etc) should be 12-15mins. Can be a little longer if its busy but anything over 25-30mins is unacceptable.
Tbh unless I'm REALLY hungry, I'm not even aware of how long I'm waiting for my food because I tend to go out with great company, so chatting away helps the time pass by. But I'm sure I typically wait around 20/30 minutes at a restaurant for a meal. Fast food should be no longer than 10 minutes. As for your kebab situation, I've been in too and totally accepted it. The meat wasn't cooked properly so I had to wait. No point in me complaining unless I wanted food poisoning...

Quick Reply

Latest