The Student Room Group

Wedding at restaurant!

After stressing a lot about where to have my wedding, we have decided to do our wedding reception at a restaurant. The manager quoted us 2-3k to have it during mid day and 4-5k on a weekend? Do you think this is reasonable price? Also there will be food on top of the price, lets say £50 per person and we are planning to invite about 40 people. I have been going back and forth about this including thinking of having it in my mums garden but we need to do marquee and also order food for guests, decor music etc. I want to get married but planning the venue etc is really putting me off.
Original post by habesha97
After stressing a lot about where to have my wedding, we have decided to do our wedding reception at a restaurant. The manager quoted us 2-3k to have it during mid day and 4-5k on a weekend? Do you think this is reasonable price? Also there will be food on top of the price, lets say £50 per person and we are planning to invite about 40 people. I have been going back and forth about this including thinking of having it in my mums garden but we need to do marquee and also order food for guests, decor music etc. I want to get married but planning the venue etc is really putting me off.

The average cost of a wedding venue is £7500-8000 so it is a reasonable price!
Yeah that sounds in the right ball park to hire the exclusive use of a restaurant - your 40 guests will only consume realistically 40 servings worth of food and drink, compare that to however many they might serve in a normal day, 100, 200, 400? so if they're going to cater to just your 40 for a full day or evening they need to make it worth their while, even just in terms of their staff, rent and energy costs.

You might have better prices in a bigger place with multiple rooms or function suites where they can provide you with the space and catering/bar services without it being their only priority.
Original post by habesha97

Is that in London? Are there any restrictions on how long you can stay? Sounds reasonable to me if no restrictions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending