The Student Room Group

Who's winging English Language?

Scroll to see replies

I sort of am, I only did like one paper but not even properly. I don't even know how to feel about this. How are you feeling?
Meh, edexcel is really easy for section a, it's literally a language feature analysis and two alternative meanings then you combine them and say what new knowledge it creates and finally you talk about what the author didnt do, such as "It is intresting to note that the author did not use a weaker dysphemism as he wanted to [explain] "

you do that 3-4 times in your language paper for section a and you guaranteed top band five (Edexcel that is)

Section B the language part is what i'm worried about lol, I only know the format and structure of a letter/article/review (formal review). So if it gives a speech or a magazine i'm F*CKED
I winged it last year.

(And got an A. :ahee:)

Then overall, I was like 2 marks off an A*, which was ******** as my coursework was a comfortable A*, so I'd have had to get a reaaally low A to manage that. :colonhash:

So I had to get it remarked to get my A*.

And now I've still not got my certificate with my remarks for my GCSE. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending