Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    A characteristic of calymene was that they had crescent shaped eyes set on the cheeks. This looked more like an asaphus where the eyes were on high stalks and weren't crescent shaped.

The nektonic forms have forward stalks though this was on top. Also the exoskeleton wasn't suitable as a nektonic form.
    Eyes on stalk always a nektonic feature
    Why would bethonic have eyes as light cannot penetrate 200m>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    It was 2 marker tho. Should've been too complication. 1 for mode of life, and 1 for one feature.

What did you write for how the enrolled trilobite moved ...
    2 organisms that orodce verticle burrows (i wrote bivavles & trilobites)
    What animal did you write for preserved exceptionally in the jurassic bed
    2 evidence for bird evolved from dinosaurs

Ask if you couldnt answer a Q
    I said it enrolled for self defence but otherwise would have "walked" with jointed appendages.

Trilobites didnt dig vertically they were only shallow infaunal, i put bivalves and gastropods

What question was that one? if you mean the solenhofen limestone it was archaeopteryx

Hollow bones in saurischians and similar hip structure, also could have said archaeopteryx was the ""missing link""

ReputationRep:
    A characteristic of calymene was that they had crescent shaped eyes set on the cheeks. This looked more like an asaphus where the eyes were on high stalks and weren't crescent shaped.

The nektonic forms have forward stalks though this was on top. Also the exoskeleton wasn't suitable as a nektonic form.
    What 2 preservation for graptolites did you say
    And what did you write as the answer for the two exhinoid group? Wtf, i though they were the same group
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It was 2 marker tho. Should've been too complication. 1 for mode of life, and 1 for one feature.

What did you write for how the enrolled trilobite moved ...
    2 organisms that orodce verticle burrows (i wrote bivavles & trilobites)
    What animal did you write for preserved exceptionally in the jurassic bed
    2 evidence for bird evolved from dinosaurs

Ask if you couldnt answer a Q
    What I put in order:
    Walked on appendages.
    Burrowing bivalves and irregulars Echinoids.
    Archaeopteryx (if you mean te solhnhon or however its spelled).
    I put features of archaeopteryx (feathers and hallow bones).

ReputationRep:
    There's only 18 students in my year, 2 people dropped it after AS. There were 3 classes in the year above and there are 2 below. It's quite a rare subject
    I gathered.
    It must be offered by posh schools
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Eyes on stalk always a nektonic feature
    Why would bethonic have eyes as light cannot penetrate 200m>
    Trilobites were shallow marine. Also benthonic calymene had eyes which were advanced for organisms at the time. I put the name of a benthonic trilobite with stalks in another post here.

ReputationRep:
    Trilobites were shallow marine. Also benthonic calymene had eyes which were advanced for organisms at the time. I put the name of a benthonic trilobite with stalks in another post here.
    Ikr, so nektonic is wrong then?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What 2 preservation for graptolites did you say
    And what did you write as the answer for the two exhinoid group? Wtf, i though they were the same group
    Carbonisation and replacement. Which question was the Echinoid one again, is it the one where you had to state features on the diagrams?

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I gathered.
    It must be offered by posh schools
    No, my school is not posh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ikr, so nektonic is wrong then?
    The exoskeleton looked benthonic. Pleura weren't spaced and no inflated glabella.

ReputationRep:
    Carbonisation and replacement. Which question was the Echinoid one again, is it the one where you had to state features on the diagrams?

Is the one where you had to name the group of each regular and irregular echinoids

ReputationRep:

I put replacement and pyritisation for graptolites, couldnt have been carbonisation as they have no carbon in them.. skeleton is formed from scleroprotein which is why they're preserved below the CCD
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is the one where you had to name the group of each regular and irregular echinoids
    Can't remember that one, the one that sounds most similar to that one is with the diagrams you had to use to show their mode of life.

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember that one, the one that sounds most similar to that one is with the diagrams you had to use to show their mode of life.
    yeah i cant figure out the question they're referring to either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savingwonderland)
    yeah i cant figure out the question they're referring to either
    The group both echinoids belonged to. On the first page of the echinoids Q

Doesnt matter anyone, bring up another Q

ReputationRep:

what preservation methods did you put for graptolites
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I put replacement and pyritisation for graptolites, couldnt have been carbonisation as they have no carbon in them.. skeleton is formed from scleroprotein which is why they're preserved below the CCD
    I Remember in the textbook that it says graptolites can be preserved by carbonisation. We were never taught what it's exact composition was.

Yeah I can't remember that one.

With the two brachiopods did you put the mode of life for both was benthonic, epifaunal sessile?

ReputationRep:
    what preservation methods did you put for graptolites
    Carbo and Pyrit, not sure if Pyrit would be acceptabke?

ReputationRep:
    I Remember in the textbook that it says graptolites can be preserved by carbonisation. We were never taught what it's exact composition was.

Yeah I can't remember that one.

With the two brachiopods did you put the mode of life for both was benthonic, epifaunal sessile?
    Yep but for the first i put attached by the pedicle and the second i said free lying with spines to spread weight

ReputationRep:
    It's always carbonisation

ReputationRep:
    Carbo and Pyrit, not sure if Pyrit would be acceptabke?
    yea i got replacement and pyritisation cause they're preserved below CCD so no carbon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.