Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepliox)
    What did people put for the first listening I found it so hard I knew the one about noise but guessed the others D:
    That one was so hard! I didn't put noise because I thought t was too obvious but you're probably right haha! I think I put Fahrpläne and Reiseziele but that's all I can remember!

ReputationRep:
    Who else found the gap fill one with the past participles impossible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy A x)
    I got that too
    so what did it mean by the women and migrants? it 'altenheim' and rentner doesn't necessarily mean people in old peoples homes?//// tbh they were ALL victims so i dunno what aqa is playin at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowers717)
    That one was so hard! I didn't put noise because I thought t was too obvious but you're probably right haha! I think I put Fahrpläne and Reiseziele but that's all I can remember!
    Yeah Fahrpläne was one of my random guesses it was the worst :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennieee_)
    so what did it mean by the women and migrants? it 'altenheim' and rentner doesn't necessarily mean people in old peoples homes?//// tbh they were ALL victims so i dunno what aqa is playin at
    I thought the text said that women make up a small proportion of the number of young criminals and migrants also are a proportion of the offenders but not sure though :/

ReputationRep:
    Who else found the gap fill one with the past participles impossible?
    None of the past participles understood fit other than überzeugt i really struggled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciarashalome)
    Okay, there was a question about how the Indian government protects kids from work in that stupid factory and I swear I replayed it about 150 times and still couldn't understand what the answer would be. I swear the reading question about Poland, German and that other country was the most unfair thing in the world.
    it said they brought in a law which banned children under like 14 working in dangerous industries?? maybe???
    I found the next question harder about the problems/ dangers they faced I couldn't understand that at all.

ReputationRep:
    What was the other reading question? There was the past participle gap fill, the one about nuclear energy in the 3 countries, the one about immigrants and the 2 translations, can't remember the other one!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad it wasn't just me! I burst into tears after the first listening question and had to be taken out so my teacher could comfort me. I really feel like I've let everyone down and everything after that was complete rubbish because I was too upset to concentrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by languagesnerd)
    I'm so glad it wasn't just me! I burst into tears after the first listening question and had to be taken out so my teacher could comfort me. I really feel like I've let everyone down and everything after that was complete rubbish because I was too upset to concentrate
    oh no (( hope you are okay.. there will definitley be low grade boundaries this year ! so hopefully we will all have scrapped passes

ReputationRep:
    None of the past participles understood fit other than überzeugt i really struggled
    I know what you mean

I put überzeugt as the last box because it said something like they managed to easily convince their headteacher.

And 'ausgerechnet' I thought was the one with the Schulsekretarinnen because they were calculating something like the amount of paper used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yugihoe)
    it said they brought in a law which banned children under like 14 working in dangerous industries?? maybe???
    I found the next question harder about the problems/ dangers they faced I couldn't understand that at all.
    I got that too!!

For the problems and dangers wasn't it something like:

- the dust causes allergies and coughs (husten?)
    - then it mentioned herabfallende Steine - falling stones!? - and there was a risk of them being seriously injured by it?

Was the 1 mark one asking about how the youngest children were treated, that they worked for 8 hours without a break?

ReputationRep:
    What was the other reading question? There was the past participle gap fill, the one about nuclear energy in the 3 countries, the one about immigrants and the 2 translations, can't remember the other one!
    the one about young criminals

ReputationRep:
    I put both of those too😍 didn't know what ausgerechnet meant but was just hoping it meant to work out or something
    (Original post by La_magicienne)
    I know what you mean

I put überzeugt as the last box because it said something like they managed to easily convince their headteacher.

And 'ausgerechnet' I thought was the one with the Schulsekretarinnen because they were calculating something like the amount of paper used?

ReputationRep:
    I put those 2 and also how there's no first aid but not sure about that one and I wrote about the no pause for 8 hours. Why did you say they didnt complain?
    I got that too!!

- then it mentioned herabfallende Steine - falling stones!? - and there was a risk of them being seriously injured by it?

Was the 1 mark one asking about how the youngest children were treated, that they worked for 8 hours without a break?

ReputationRep:
    I put those 2 and also how there's no first aid but not sure about that one and I wrote about the no pause for 8 hours. Why did you say they didnt complain?
    I said because from birth, they're used to having to support their family and can't remember what else I put

ReputationRep:
    Was it just me, or was that a lot harder than the previous years? Normally isn't too bad but that was something else...

ReputationRep:
    I got that too!!

I heard herabfallende but had no clue what it meant :') and yeah I got 8 hours without a break!

ReputationRep:
    I said because from birth, they're used to having to support their family and can't remember what else I put
    Ah that makes sense thank you

ReputationRep:
    I put that Kinderarbeiter sind normal in armen Familien

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.