Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather be extremley rich or extremley smart? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    lol it would't matter as you will always have spare money, i don't think you understand the question
    I do, and even when you are 'extremely rich', it's still possible for you to waste the money. The OP said nothing about having unlimited wealth.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there's a correlation between rich people and smart people. Also your title implies that one would be "stupid" if I choose to be rich. So I'm going to have to choose being smart.

ReputationRep:
    You guys highly over-estimate intelligence - it's not all its perceived to be, quite the opposite in fact.Too much intelligence is a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_JoKeR)
    You guys highly over-estimate intelligence - it's not all its perceived to be, quite the opposite in fact.Too much intelligence is a mistake.
    Could you give an example of how its a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    I'd say there's a correlation between rich people and smart people. Also your title implies that one would be "stupid" if I choose to be rich. So I'm going to have to choose being smart.
    Wealth is correlated with smartness , but being super smart doesn't imply at all that you'll be super rich (just think of all those scientists and mathematicians , most of them have fortunes of about a million which is not even comparable to Trump's fortune ).
    If someone wants to be rich I wouldn't advise him/her to be super smart as well , there are so many easier ways to become very rich why bother thinking ?

ReputationRep:
    I want $$$£££

I feel the whole point of being a genius is to prosper anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Wealth is correlated with smartness , but being super smart doesn't imply at all that you'll be super rich (just think of all those scientists and mathematicians , most of them have fortunes of about a million which is not even comparable to Trump's fortune ).
    If someone wants to be rich I wouldn't advise him/her to be super smart as well , there are so many easier ways to become very rich why bother thinking ?
    My train of thought was more towards making smart business decisions (think warren buffet and Donald trump), not necessarily mathematicians and scientists, but lots of extremely smart scientists are wealthy as a result of inventing "things".

ReputationRep:
    Money is useless unless you know how to use it, thus brains would be more effective as you are more inclined to become wealthy due to your ability of being exceptionally smart!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCGI)
    Could you give an example of how its a mistake?
    Mhm, lets see... Too much intelligence leads you to think about life and the such too deeply which leads to depression. Do you know how many highly intelligent people suicide due to self-induced depression? A lot.

Extremely smart so I can become extremely rich.

ReputationRep:
    rich as i'm already smart

ReputationRep:
    Smart!
    I could then become rich with my intelligence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Definitely smart. I'm sure if I was that smart I could find a way to use it to get rich anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If youre going to be smart to get rich you might as well just be rich??? Its easier to be rich and do nothing and have fun all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connormc199)
    Money is useless unless you know how to use it, thus brains would be more effective as you are more inclined to become wealthy due to your ability of being exceptionally smart!

good point
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Madeline_H95)
    If youre going to be smart to get rich you might as well just be rich??? Its easier to be rich and do nothing and have fun all the time
    I'd like to be known for being rich for doing something groundbreaking

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be rich, so that I can immediately use my vast wealth to bring about great change in the world.

Even if becoming rich requires that I sacrifice my intelligence; you don't need to be intelligent to use your money wisely. You can just hire secretaries to manage your money for you. All you need is a strong enough mental capacity to have a general idea of what you want to do with your money.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely smart.

ReputationRep:
    You can be smart and make money but you can't buy more brains for money. I choose smart

ReputationRep:
    Rich. Being overly smart would lead to isolation. Being very smart doesn't guarantee money.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.