Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    a good ol pencil is gr9
    but i also love watercolour as it feels v therapeutic (as does acrylic)

but the medium i use most often for proper pieces is my drawing tablet + photoshop (gotta love that undo button and transformation tool)

ReputationRep:
    I usually do portraits and I'd choose pencil over anything else always - mostly because I feel like my ability with paints is rubbish compared and it's less hassle to just get some pencils out than to have to mix all the different colours I'd need for a face, then hair, then eyes, then lips etc....

I love ink artists and watercolour though and I wish I had the patience to experiment more with ink. I'm jealous of people who can create beautiful colour pieces since I tend to draw with just graphite.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I usually do portraits and I'd choose pencil over anything else always - mostly because I feel like my ability with paints is rubbish compared and it's less hassle to just get some pencils out than to have to mix all the different colours I'd need for a face, then hair, then eyes, then lips etc....

I love ink artists and watercolour though and I wish I had the patience to experiment more with ink. I'm jealous of people who can create beautiful colour pieces since I tend to draw with just graphite.
    I can never add colour to portraits, I always seem to ruin them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I can never add colour to portraits, I always seem to ruin them
    same, the hair for me is already a pain in the backside but if I try to texture it with paint it just doesn't go right.

And regardless of the skin tone of the person I always somehow manage to mess that up

ReputationRep:
    is it cheating to say music?

ReputationRep:
    Liquid resin!

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps pancakes?

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mgill17)
    same, the hair for me is already a pain in the backside but if I try to texture it with paint it just doesn't go right.

And regardless of the skin tone of the person I always somehow manage to mess that up
    Facial hair is the worst :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.